cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holding my cashback untill i pay my bill!

mollymoo

Holding my cashback untill i pay my bill!

Hello i joined plusnet over 2 months ago and was promised if i left my talktalk provider i would get a 50 pound cashback as part of the deal. They sent the cheque out in the wrong name and it took me a month and a half ringing everyday to find out why they had not sent the cheque. 7 days ago i was told that they had issued a new cheque in the correct name and i was happy i waited 7 days to be told on my ticket online that they were not sending the cheque until the out standing balance was paid. my argument is you have no right in holding money you owe me. i dont understand why i was given an option to either have the money transferred onto my account or sent out in cheque form if [mremoved] was going to stick his nose in and tell me he was not going to send it!!
jim:csa
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Holding my cashback untill i pay my bill!

Why would they give cashback to someone who looks like they might be a bad debtor?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI mollymoo,
I'm looking into this for you, and will update as soon as I know what's going on - I'm not sure from the latest ticket response that the only issue is the outstanding payment. I'll update when I know more.
mollymoo

thanks for your responce. im not a bad debtor at all it has nothing to do with the cheque the terms and conditions where aslong as my account was not in a failed state they would send the cheque which they did in the wrong name
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've arranged for the cheque to be sent out to you today as per the conversation on the phone, it'll be sent out in the name of the account holder. Hope that clears things up, and I'm really sorry about how this has happened.