Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High bill received same day as renewing contract

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: High bill received same day as renewing contract

@plusmouse 

I was only about 4 months into my contract when I received the email with the offer from Plusnet. I asked Plusnet, using the open, long running billing ticket on my account (LRS issue) if it was genuine; After confirmation that it was I decided to go with it as it was a much better deal than I was on. I signed up about four days after my billing date, and so I am waiting to see if the change does take place on my next billing date (two days away now), as the email confirming the new contract said it would start the next day (which the Plusnet CS rep confirmed, via my ticket, was not to be the case as their back end systems showed otherwise (order due to complete at next billing date)!.

This issue as well as the existing LRS issue are being monitored by Plusnet via that open ticket, and so, hopefully, I have a ready way to raise any problems.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

It's disappointing to hear that Plusnet agents state that contracts start the next day when their systems don't work that way. I understand that you.can take a new contract at any time before an old one expires without penalty. It's just that the changeover happens on the next billing date so if the new price is higher than the old you need to leave it until just after the last billing date to get maximum advantage from the old contract.

Hower if you leave it until a few days before the contract end date the Plusnet system will have already locked in the higher non contract rate, which you then need to get credited in later months.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Update : 

My new contract did start as expected - a ticket on my account confirmed this. However my latest bill, today, which should have applied the higher discount appropriate to this new contract only applied the old lower discount applicable to my old contract! I have raised this on my open ticket, along with the continuing LRS issue, and the fact that on my Members Centre dashbloard under My Contract it now only says "Fixed Price - Unlimited Fibre" with no start / end dates whereas before the dates were there. I await a response to that ticket.

Come on Plusnet, get your act together! I have had billing problems ever since the new " billing system" started in October (?) 2018 with my latest billing issues ticket ongoing since September 2019. I have given you the benefit of the doubt so far but my patience is starting to wear thin. Customers have a right to expect correct billing.

picbits
Rising Star

I've just signed up for another 18 months with the "renewal" email. I clicked on the link and got the "Something went wrong" message. I logged in to my account manually and there was an option to renew.

I clicked this, went throught the motions and was presented with a message saying my contract will start from tomorrow (9/3/2020) rather than after the old contract finishes (27/3/2020) - will be watching this closely to see if I'm overcharged at all now.

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Hi picbits - thanks for posting. I also have a special offer on my account page and also, a cheaper offer in an email sent to me from PlusNet after the account offer was made so obviously, I want to sign up for the cheaper (email) offer but want my final contractual payment to be taken for March before I sign up to another 18 month contract which will be `fixed price`.

However, there seems to be a lot of billing issues going on with members having `re-contracting` gremlins. Having checked my account again my final payment will be taken on the 17th of March (I thought it was the 10th but received my billing email just today) so I stand corrected.

I`m really hoping to re-contract with PlusNet again soon but will probably call the 0800 number and get some advice from someone at PlusNet re-the email offer I have received rather than try to activate it from my laptop incase I end up running into any problems. It shouldn`t happen I know, but my life is focussed around my elderly mum`s health at the moment and hospital visits so I don`t want additional stressors just now if I can help it!

picbits
Rising Star

So this is how my account currently stands :

image.png

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting in touch everybody

@pulham As this matter concerns account sensitive information I can't go into detail over social media but I've raised a ticket on your account regarding this which you can view by going here

@plusmouse I can see my colleague @LaurenB has picked up your query and addressed it.

@picbits I've checked your account and I can confirm that the change went through successfully

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team