cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!!

garydavidsteven

Help!!!

Recieved this email and havent even requested anything!!!
40 min wait to customer care?Huh
whats going on?Huh
We're sorry you're thinking of leaving Plusnet
We've just been notified that you're moving your phone line and call plan to another company, and we're really sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us. We're treating this as a request to end your telephone service agreement with us.
So before your telephone service moves, there are some things you may need to consider:
•  Possible cancellation costs if you're still in contract with us
•  You may need to make arrangements for your final bill to be paid and your Plusnet account to be closed
•  Loss of your Plusnet email address if you have one
•  Potential loss of other services you have with us such as caller display, call barring and voicemail
8 REPLIES 8
garydavidsteven

Re: Help!!!

any ideas?
offbeatdave
Grafter

I rather fear it's a case of wait until morning for the team to pick up your post or phone up now (current stats say 9 calls in queue and a wait of 12 minutes and 14 seconds)
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Have you recently been looking at other providers and entering your details? Maybe not you but what about the wife or kids? Also other people who may know your details?
Have you had a letter from another company to confirm the order? (Normally they send out a letter to tell you?)
Is there still a dial tone? Broadband still up?
Also on the phone to PN you didn't mention leaving PN?
OR it could be a computer error, (happened to me once when it said thanks for upgrading to the PRO-Addon) this was easily sorted out and they refunded me.
Is there any tickets in your Member center regarding this?
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I'd see what information you can get from CSC tonight. If someone has been making enquiries with other companies, it's possible you could have been slammed. You are supposed to get this information well in advance of any switch , but there've been a number of cases cropped up where there's been very little notice. It' best if you act quickly so that Plusnet can cancel anything you haven't requested and so you can contact the other company and make it very clear you haven't requested anything from them and they are to cancel anything they believe you have supposedly requested. If it really turns out that they are slamming you, I'd also tell them you are going to report them to OFCOM, and make sure you do.
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Talk Talk are known for slamming im sure there was something on bbc watchdog about sometime ago.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
There's been an order placed by Sky to take over the line, as it seems you're not aware of this we can cancel this takeover if you wish?
I'd suggest contacting Sky to make sure no further orders are placed and also so they do not attempt to charge you for anything.
Have you signed up to any Sky TV package lately or anything with them?
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Especially Sky and TalkTalk are known for slamming as they are LLU providers.
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
garydavidsteven

Hi,
Sorry been on hol and just got back.. Not spoken to anyone but plus eat thinks it could be  someone who has just moved in and gave wrong num.. Spoke to sky saying they are taking over plus net and 02., i mentioned it was bollocks and told to ring complaints department.. Shall do it tomoz.