cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with payment taken, please

Ol212
Dabbler

Help with payment taken, please

Just set up an account but it failed but the £190 has disappeared from my account! Rang up and they suggested I paid again!! So I told them it would make me overdrawn!! So now given to choice but to wait for a refund!! So I've got nothing for my money and I'm £190 out of pocket!! Beware!!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): changed topic title to reflect issue

13 REPLIES 13
Ol212
Dabbler

Re: plusnet takes your money without authorisation!!!URGET ACTION NEEDED

Hi, did you get you're money back? They said all the details which I gave them over the phone to set up my account haven't saved and they wanted me to give them details again so I said that meant giving them another £190 again which would make me overdrawn! So I refused and just told them to give me my money back!! So now I have no new broadband account and I have to wait 3-5 days to get my money back! So I have to wait until it goes into their account before they will refund it so could actually be longer!
Ol212
Dabbler

Still happening!! They told me its not working properly and it hasn't took my money!! Yet the money has gone yet they say I have no account set up!! Great!!!
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Split to its own thread rather than resurrect a 9-year-old issue.

Title changed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I've been unable to locate your account under the typical methods, so I can't confirm what has happened. However, I have seen a similar instance to this happen in the past.

What we have is a circumstance where we have no collection of the payment, and it's not in your own account either. I suspect that the bank is currently holding the funds, and they are due to arrive back in your account over the coming days.

If you could keep me posted on that, hopefully the issue will be resolved soon.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Ol212
Dabbler

Possible likely this could happen again! Don't fancy risking this again!
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It is unlucky, but there's nothing that we could have done to stop it from happening.

I'm not really sure why you're insisting that we have the payment in our Facebook messages, I was hoping that this thread would cause a bit of clarity.

Ol212
Dabbler

Reason I say this is because I was told by plus net that even if I send a screen shot to show you the transaction that they still can't set up what I paid for!
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hopefully the payment is back in your bank soon.

Ol212
Dabbler

Yes I do hope so! Still not showing in my account although that money's gone!! Bank told me it was authorised to plus net!!
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Ol212

Just out of interest, as it's been around a week now, has the bank returned the amount back in to your account now?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Ol212
Dabbler

Got it back after 10 days! Joined today and the person on the phone managed to get it to go through! They told me it will take 10days! Next thing I get a text saying its 14 days and that takes me over the date my line rental ends with current provider! So through no fault of mine I'll probably be paying a months line rental for Plus net's account not going through!
Spoke to someone from Plusnet about this and asked if they could bring the date forward by a few days to avoid this! But they said they can't even though if it had gone through in the first place I wouldn't even have this problem! They said to take it up with my current provider but it's not their fault!! I asked that if I do get charged could they credit me as it was a fault at Plus net!
I though after all the trouble I've had over this they'd do something!!
Ol212
Dabbler

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Ol212 wrote:
Got it back after 10 days! Joined today and the person on the phone managed to get it to go through! They told me it will take 10days! Next thing I get a text saying its 14 days

Are you sure they didn't say 10 working days? As this is what we would generally advise, which is usually the same as 14 calendar days. When taking over a service 10 working days is the minimum lead time due to Ofcom regulations, as we need to give the losing provider at least 10 working days notice.

@Ol212 wrote:
takes me over the date my line rental ends with current provider! So through no fault of mine I'll probably be paying a months line rental for Plus net's account not going through!

Your provider should only be charging for the service they have provided. For example, if a service leaves us part way through a billing month, we would refund the value of the service we haven't provided during that month.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet