Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with online deal

fadeaway
Grafter

Help with online deal

Hey there.
I am trying to convince my girlfriend's father to sign up with Plusnet.
He wants Extra 60gb + Anytime calls which I believe should be £14.99 + £12.99 line rental.
He has spotted this 4 month free offer:
http://www.moneysupermarket.com/broadband/providers/plus-net/plusnet-value-broadband-with-talk-e-w-1...
but it seems to be for the Evening/weekends + Value package? Can he get 4 months free with the upgraded package also?
In that offer - connection/equipment is listed as being free. Is this usually the case? He will be moving into a new house.
Thanks for help
11 REPLIES 11
matt_2k34
Grafter

Re: Help with online deal

From what i understand the offer is 'as is' its been listed on a few other sites (including a few outdated, see here
you could always sign up through TCB and get some cash back? (worth about the same as the x months free ??)
Regards
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately all the offers at the moment are centred around the Value account and Evening and Weekend phone calls, though it'd probably be worth having a word with our sales team on 0800 432 0200 (option 3) - they may well be able to offer something that tempts him.
fadeaway
Grafter

Thanks Matt. I will phone them up and see what they can do, then ask him if he likes the offer Smiley
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Matt, Is it not possible to add "Anytime" calls for £3-50?
matt_2k34
Grafter

Its not the phone that the OP has issue with, its the Broadband package + phone. its totally different - so no.
As told, Calling Sales would be the best way to get what can be done  Wink
Regards
lexusuk
Grafter

Quote from: Wheel_nut
Matt, Is it not possible to add "Anytime" calls for £3-50?

I believe the OP is after Broadband Extra and Anytime Calls with the 4 months free offer so it's not as simple as upgrading the phone.  However you can do this if you wish! Smiley
Quote from: Matt_2k34
Calling Sales would be the best way to get what can be done.

Absolutely.
fadeaway
Grafter

Oh - I have just noticed.. in my account management I can upgrade/change my broadband for £5 and upgrade/change my phone package for £3.50.
Would it be easiest for him to simply order using the offer linked in the original post for the 4 months free, and then upgrade his account later?
(The offer also says free connection, which I assume he wouldn't get if he ordered directly. I have no idea how a new house works with regards to connections?).
Having said all this, it may just be easier to order normally through quidco or something ^^
Anyway, I'll call tomorrow. Cheers for the help thus far.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I think the discount would be lost if a broadband package upgrade is attempted during the discount period. Best to discuss with Sales though.
David
fadeaway
Grafter

After a few dodgy cold transfers and having to explain what I wanted a grant total of 4 times  Shocked I got through to someone who said they could give 4 months free with 'value' broadband and 3 months free with 'extra' broadband, both with w+e calls.
I think he'll be pleased with that (:
Thanks!
lexusuk
Grafter

Sorry to hear about the transferring between departments, that's not normal.
It sounds like you got through to the right person in the end and got the deal you wanted.  Any other questions please let us know.
fadeaway
Grafter

All sorted, he signed up and thought your customer service was great.
Thanks!