Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with old account credit

FIXED
Ian06
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Help with old account credit

I have just rejoined plusnet after 2 years with EE.  Had a little trouble as I had forgotten about my old account, but I set up a new account to enable me to take a FF145 service.

When I looked back at my old account there is aprox £16 credit from when i left and must have cancelled my direct debit too soon!  Can I get the credit from my old account transferred to my new account or how do I get the credit I am owed?

Thanks for your help....  Ian

4 REPLIES 4
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

Re: Help with old account credit

Fix

Hi there!

Thanks for getting in touch, I can see that the refund was sent back to your bank account back when your account was originally cancelled. It's normal for the online account to still show your account in credit as this isn't updated after the refund is processed. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
Ian06
Aspiring Pro

Thanks - I'll check my bank statements

HPsauce
Seasoned Pro

My account was refunded a few months back exactly as described by @csmith94 

I was refunded via the DD but the account still shows a balance due to me! I also think that the system can't display negative "balances" correctly, i.e. when PN owe you, causing further confusion.

However, despite showing that I'm in credit a look at the actual payments (in the Member Centre) does show the refund was processed on time. And of course I also saw it in my bank statements, though it was identified extremely vaguely, I don't think there was any reference to PlusNet, but the amount tallied.

Ian06
Aspiring Pro

Yes I found the payment in an Aug 2022 bank statement..  thanks for checking