cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with finalising an account

GeorgeP1

Help with finalising an account

On 31 July 2017 my 87 year old mother received a notification of  pending account closure letter.

The letter basically said you owe us £9.99 overdue balance and £30 cessation charge. OK we closed this account months ago as she just did not get the internet. We went through formal account closure etc with the long tel calls. No problems.

Then out of the blue the letter arrived. We have no details at all of my mothers account her email address or passwords. All billing was on line so we do not have those records. On Thursday 10 August my wife managed to pay the £9.99 after a 50 minute wait by telephone.

Today Wednesday 16 August 2017, at 12.58 with a 38 minute wait I tried to pay the £30. Unfortunately plus net would not accept my attempt as although I could give my mothers name and address, her tel no. and the emergency contact number and I was identified as the counter-signatory  I did not know the password or last billing date. They suggested I went onto the complaints page to contact plus net. 

Can anyone advise all I want to do is finalise this account and not worry about debt collection agencies calling on her as it states in the letter.

I can honestly say the service that Plus Net describe in their advertising is not a true reflection of our experience

George

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): All caps title edited as per Forum rules.

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Help with finalising an account

I’m sorry to read of your poor experience George. Can you send me a private message with her address/landline number and I’ll see what I can do to help tomorrow once I’m back in the office.

Anoush
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet