Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with broadband connection details

wolfheart
Grafter

Help with broadband connection details

Hi,

I recently talked to Lauren B on here and said my brother knew the broadband password, it turns out he don't know it. Can someone please help me get the broadband connection details please? As my dad who owned the connection died on 11th October 2018. I have the email address used to connect with but not the password and have no idea what is or what he has done with the details.

7 REPLIES 7
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Help with broadband connection details

Hi wolfheart@

I'm really sorry for your loss.

Can you please confirm if you have contacted our Customer Options team to have the account changed into your name if you are in the premises?

Kind Regards

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
wolfheart
Grafter

Hi,

Yes I tried talking to them on the phone and was told the names I gave them what were my dads names were different than what are on the account. So I don't know if my oldest brother Matt has taken it over although I would not understand why since he lives in Spain but I do know he was last with the details and they are now completely missing and I had to get matt blocked from the family home because of him mistreating my dog and stealing items and throwing stuff worth quite a bit of money that was not his.

Please help as I really need the connection details. I have the username just not the password.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear this.

If the details you've provided don't match up with what we have I'm afraid there's very little we can do.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
wolfheart
Grafter

Hi,

Is there anyway to see if the broadband connection is being used in Spain ? As i have my suspicion my oldest brother Matt Wilkie (my dad used the names Henry Wilkie and Harry Wilkie) is using it although my brother Mark is paying for it well so he says. My dads username was JackBarley and because no one knows the router password we cannot reset the router as we do not have the internet details. As if I could get into the router I could get the password from it. We was hacked in 2014-2015 by Worcester Uni students and my dad did not believe me, so he never changed anything although i traced the I.PS etc, sadly I no longer have the logs. That is when the router password was changed from what it originally was (not by us). Now I am wondering if AsusTek can help me gain access to the router without resetting it, as we do not have a back up file for it either. The last person who had the broadband details was my oldest brother Matt and its very strange they have now gone missing since he was last at the house.

wolfheart
Grafter

Hi,

I contacted ASUS and they told me their is nothing I can do apart from reset the router. If i reset the router I will loose the broadband settings and username and password and since I don't have the password this makes it impossible to do anything.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @wolfheart,

I am sorry to hear of the problems you are encountering with the account, however we are limited as to what we can do due to security.

What I have done is sent a ticket to the contact details on the account, which will have sent an email notification to the person who has taken ownership of the account.

This has everything you need to resolve this, and I would advised to check with those that could have taken over the account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team