Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with House Move, Please

FIXED
g4jnw
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Help with House Move, Please

Not sure which forum to put this in but here is my issue.

Have been with Plusnet for years and am happy with them, took out fibre contract a few months ago and even more happier:

Now the problem, we have had our house up for sale for 2 years but today accepted an offer, i realise i will have to pay a cessation fee but the chances are we would be living with elderly relatives for about 6 months, they dont want to change their BT phone plan or line and its not fair to ask them anyway.

Ideally i would like to bolt on internet on a monthly pay basis and for me to pay this element without involving the relative, although i would have their permission. I dont think that Plusnet do this?

Is that a possibility in the UK to do this without having to take over line rental etc, which we couldnt.

I have looked at mobile broadband but they have 0 coverage for mobile broadband - only G2!! - inside reception very poor.

The possibility is after about 6 months with relatives we would be taking up a new contract

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): changed topic title to reflect issue

4 REPLIES 4
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Help with House Move, Please

Hello there. We should be able to move just your broadband to your relatives home if their line is with BT. So you'll be on a broadband only contract with us. Once you move again, we can move your broadband to another property and then provide a phone line if your new property doesn't yet have one with a BT provider.

[Edit]
Providing you're out of contract at the moment, other wise there could be termination fees. I'm not in the office atm so can't see your account. I'd suggest discussing the cost with our house moves team over the phone.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
g4jnw
Rising Star

Re: not sure which forum to put this in!

Thats good news, if the house sale goes through then I dont need to alter anything as far as they go ie: add them to the bill?

I can just pay as i do now via my direct debit etc.

Not sure who they have their line rental with so need to check that, have tried running a check and it doesnt tell me.

Also have looked at broadband only and it says 12 months contract, we should only be there about 6 months

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

We'd just drop the line rental charge from your account and bill you for broadband only.
As long as their line is with a BT provider as opposed to LLU, we'll be able to provide broadband on it.
You should be able to move mid contract as long as you sign up to a new contract.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
g4jnw
Rising Star

Fix

Thanks as advised i have just rung the house move team and it doesnt seem a problem, excellent news thank you - Just hope the house sale goes through now.