cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please - new account.

fumanchu
Dabbler

Help please - new account.

I've been with Plusnet for a while but there was a problem with my account and Plusnet have given me a new account with a new contract and a new username. However, this might affect my email address, will it not? My old one was my old username@plus.net and the new one is the new name@plusdsl.net. My problem is that I don't know how to set up or get into this new email addy. I'm over 70 and not savvy at all re techie stuff. This email addy is the one most so I need to sort it out. Anybody help?

3 REPLIES 3
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Help please - new account.

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Email to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mav
Fixes: 515

I think there may be a little confusion here over email addresses..

newname@plusdsl.net would be what you use once you log into your router to access the internet with the same password as your account login. These values are often inserted automatically.

Your default email would be newname@newname.plus.com also using the same password as above.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

fumanchu
Dabbler

O Mav I'm so muddled. I wish I hadn't contacted plusnet at all now. Had email saying my phone number will change too, and we've had this number for years.I just wanted to reduce my payments and now everything has changed. So what happens with the old email box then - does that just die? God what a muddle.