Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, new account

tayzi
Dabbler

Help, new account

Hi.
I am so confused about my first bill.
I am being connected on 2nd Dec (phoneline) and 3rd Dec (broadband).
I have had the ADSL payment taken when I first signed up.
I put my direct debit details in too, so far hasnt gone on to my bank account as yet.
It says first payment not taken till up and running, so my questions are...
1.When will the first payment go out in relation to setting up the phone etc will it be the same day or can you give a time scale.
2.And how much will the payment be for? Will it just be the line rental and my talk anytime, which is around £16 ish. As I have already paid for broadband.
3. And then next month both charges will be put together, and will that date be the same date I get connected in Dec i.e 2nd Jan?
I would be really grateful if someone could explain this in laymans terms, especially takin note of the amount that is due to come out.
Rachel
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Help, new account

Hi tayzi,
Welcome to Plusnet and to the community forums.
I'll do what I can to straighten this out for you. In answer to your questions:
1.When will the first payment go out in relation to setting up the phone etc will it be the same day or can you give a time scale.

No set up charges are due for the line, activation charges are only applicable to certain circumstances. However the first bill for line rental payment should be taken upon the activation of your service (which seems to be due on the 2nd)
2.And how much will the payment be for? Will it just be the line rental and my talk anytime, which is around £16 ish. As I have already paid for broadband.

the first payment for your phone services will be £16.25 (£11.25 line rental plus £5 for anytime) any calls will be billed for as pro-rata on the following monthly bill.
3. And then next month both charges will be put together, and will that date be the same date I get connected in Dec i.e 2nd Jan?

Yes, when the broadband becomes active (or shortly after) the billing dates are aligned so yours should be on the 2nd.
Hope that helps,
Adam.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team