cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed - Restrictions won't let me access my account to pay bill.

Cazlizzy
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Help needed - Restrictions won't let me access my account to pay bill.

Hi my new DD was cancelled in error and now I have restrictions  that means I cant access my account to pay or re-set my dd.

Could you lift the restriction please. @Gandalf  you have always been very helpful in the past could you help with this please. Smiley

5 REPLIES 5
Cazlizzy
Rising Star

Re: Help needed - Restrictions won't let me access my account to pay bill.

@MisterW  as I have seen you active is there any chance you can sort this please. I am trying to pay this so the grand-children don't lose internet for the schooling. Thank you.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@Cazlizzy I'm afraid I'm just a customer like you and I have no access to any account information. You really need a PlusNet staff member to fix this but they are a bit thin on the ground at the moment.

Having said that, AFAIK the problem with not being able to access your account when restricted is a bug which only seems to be apparent when accessed from a PlusNet IP. I've heard that using a VPN can allow access, so I would suspect that if you have access to a friend or relatives Non Plusnet internet (I know its difficult in the current circumstances!) then you might be able to access your account from that. If you have a mobile, then using a 4g connection to access your account may also work.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Cazlizzy 

I've temporarily removed the failed payment restriction now but it'll likely reapply tomorrow automatically.

Can you try logging into your account and seeing if you can pay online now? If there's no outstanding balance showing, I'm afraid you'd need to call us on 0800 432 0200 so we can take the payment over the phone.

Alternatively try waiting until tomorrow and access your account through a VPN (if you have one) or on mobile data.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cazlizzy
Rising Star

@MisterW  Thank you for your response I thought you were staff sorry.

@Gandalf Thank you I shall do as you suggest. Smiley

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@Cazlizzy  no need to apologise, its a common  misunderstanding that the Superusers and Moderators are staff. In reality we're just users who can often use our experience to help other users.

However, i see the wizard has been in and reset the restriction, hopefully allowing you to pay

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.