cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, cancelled account - whats happening??

SmithersJones
Dabbler

Help, cancelled account - whats happening??

I placed an order with PlusNet, but BT got in touch and offered me a price I couldn't refuse.

I took the offer and promptly phoned PlusNet to cancel, the operator understood and cancelled my order and arranged for the first months payment and line rental saver to be refunded, over £200, in 3 - 5 days.

6 days later still no refund so I phone up to query, PlusNet say they'll sort it.

3 more days later still no refund been processed and now a router has been delivered?Huh

I cancelled on the 28th August so whats going on?Huh

20 REPLIES 20
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Help, cancelled account - whats happening??

One angle on this is that no refunds could be processed during the billing system migration.  There are semantics in what you were advised - the elapsed times quoted were correct (typical times) from the time that a refund is processed ... at the time you were advised, I suspect that the fact that processing the refund might be delayed by a similar time might not have been considered.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

Sorry to hear you've decided to cancel your order and for the delay in closing your account issuing you with a refund.

I can see this is with our billing team and we'll action this as soon as we can for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SmithersJones
Dabbler

Thank you, my partner has been on the phone to Plusnet this afternoon and hopefully its sorted.

Refund within the next 7 days and sending a returns bag for the hub you sent me.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries.

Unfortunately I can't guarantee you'll get your refund within 7 days, but should be within 5 to 10 working days.

Don't worry about returning the router if it's too much of a hassle, feel free to just recycle it in line with: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/plusnet-and-the-weee-legislation/

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Gandalf,

That page in effect says return it to Plusnet!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yes, but it also says "If you do not wish to return it to us, please take it to your nearest WEEE recycling centre."

I probably could've highlighted that in my previous post to make it more clearer. Sorry about that.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SmithersJones
Dabbler

If only you were as quick to issue refunds as you are sending out return bags for your equipment that youve sent in error.

Whats the hold up?? Absolutely no excuse for not issuing a refund for an account cancelled more than 2 weeks ago.

Not everyone can afford to have £210 sitting in your bank account.

Beginning to think ive had a lucky escape not subscribing to PlusNet.

If youve not already realised i still havent received my refund.

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @SmithersJones,

I am really sorry for the delay in getting your refund processed.

I have chased this up with our Billing team today and provided you with an update here

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

SmithersJones
Dabbler

Im sure if it were the other way round, ie, i owed you money for my monthly services it'd be a different story.

3 weeks now since i cancelled and still no refund, and still no further updates as to when i might receive it.

You blatantly lied to me on the 28th Oct saying my refund would take 3-5 days, then again on the 4th Sept saying you'd put another request in for the refund to be processed, expect it within 5-10 days, and im still waiting!!

Judging by the amount of posts regarding obtaining refunds it seems a common occurrence.

Total shambles, glad i stuck with my original ISP.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @SmithersJones,

I'm sorry to see the bad experience that you have had with us in regards to cancellation and apologies for the upset and frustration caused by this.

I have updated your ticket accordingly here.

Best wishes.

SmithersJones
Dabbler

Another 5-7 days!!! this is getting comical now.

That means it'll have been a month since cancelling to get my refund, that's if i actually get it in the next 5-7 days, absolutely disgraceful.

Sure I've read somewhere you issue refunds within 10 days, what a pile of [-Censored-] that statement is.

You ought to be refunding me plus interest, seeing as you've had over £200 of mine for a month.

Chasing it up on Monday you said on my last ticket, an update would have been nice, but no, i had to initiate contact again for an update.

Says it all really, one poor review after another,.............................. https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.plus.net

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @SmithersJones,

I'm sorry you are unhappy with this and can only apologise for the inconvenience and upset caused. Rest assured you will receive your refund as advised.

SmithersJones
Dabbler

[CSA Removed] - Sales & COT Analyst
12:59pm, Wednesday 19 Sep 2018

Dear Miss Xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for getting back in touch via the forums.

Upon checking your account I can see that we have chased the refund with our billing team however it looks as if there is a significant backlog after a system upgrade that occurred around the 27/08-1/09.

I'm incredibly sorry about this and can only apologise for this inconvenience. It looks as if you refund will be a further 5-7 working days.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

Another 5 - 7 days have now passed, again.

Today makes it a month since i cancelled my account and still no signs of my refund, which is over £200.

To say im fuming about this would be an understatement, congratulations Plusnet your the most useless company ive ever had the misfortune to deal with.

Sort my refund out ASAP, for christ's sake its been a month now.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

SmithersJones
Dabbler

Just been told possibly another 7 - 10 days but could be longer.

I then asked to raise an official complaint over the phone and was told i had to do it online?Huh

It clearly says you can raise an official complaint over the phone.

To which i replied we were on the phone, i would therefore like to raise an official complaint.

They were adamant i had to raise my complaint online.

Her manager is going to phone me later. I wont hold my breath.