Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With Account broadband connection details

FIXED
wolfheart
Grafter

Help With Account broadband connection details

Hi,

My dad was the account holder for this connection but he sadly passed away 11th October 2018. I need the broadband connection details as the wifi is broke on the router and I want to get a new one and will need the details to connect with.

We4 no longer have details for the connection or access to the email he used.

Please can someone help?

Thank You

Wolfheart

5 REPLIES 5
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Help With Account broadband connection details

Hi @wolfheart, firstly, I'm really sorry for the loss of your Dad, please accept my sincerest condolences.

The settings you will need are:

- Encapsulation - PPPoE

- Username - username@plusdsl.net

- Broadband Password - The account password (same one used to log into the member centre)

Has the account been changed over into your details?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
wolfheart
Grafter

Hi,

No sorry the details are not in my account also I do not have my dads username and password as that is what we use to connect to the internet and everything that had the details on it are well gone. I was wondering if you could pm me them please? As I need them for when I get a new router (we no longer know the admin password for the one we have right now and if we reset it we still need the connection details for broadband).

It will be much appreciated if you can help me please.

Thank You

Wolfheart

Moderator's Note(s)

This thread has been escalated to the Superuser Team.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @wolfheart, I'm afraid for security purposes we wouldn't be able to provide you with an account username or password.

If the account is still in your Dad's name and you wish to continue using the services, it would need to be transferred into someone else's name. You can do this over the phone, though security would need to be passed (we do have other means of doing so other than username and password) and then the account details can be updated.

You can call our Support Team on 0800 432 0200 to arrange this (they are open 7.30am-10pm, 7 days a week) or alternatively if you could drop me a PM with a contact number, I can call you. I do leave at 4pm but I will pick this up first thing tomorrow if you message after then. 

In the meantime, if you access the routers home page (to which the admin password is not required) you should be able to see the Broadband username I believe.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
wolfheart
Grafter

Hi,

Laura sorry in delay getting back to you, everything was changed to my brothers account.

Thank You

Wolfheart

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Fix

Glad to hear it has all been resolved for you @wolfheart

Just let us know if you require any further assistance

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team