cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!...Account has been closed

Maloney
Dabbler

Help!...Account has been closed

Been with plusnet for years with barely a problem but the last six months has had me pulling my hair out with frustration. Latest problem is an incorrect billing problem that was being overseen by someone from CS . During the last week I have logged in to pay but can't see any way of doing so. I have had no bill, no reminders..nothing! Until yesterday when I received a dozen emails telling me of an overdue account and to follow the link to pay. But following the link and logging in I still cannot pay and in fact the page tells me that the Account is Closed. Have spent most of yesterday and this morning on the phone to CS only to be told that this bill has already been passed onto a third party collection team and there is nothing that can be done? Other than waiting for a letter from collections and then start a new account with Sales?
Still getting emails as a matter of urgency sending me links to pay of which don't work as the Account has been closed. Please help
10 REPLIES 10
Saltariva
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Help!...Account has been closed

Hi @Maloney

Thank you for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been experiencing. I have looked into the account and I can see that you have already been advised on the next steps by my colleagues in the contact centre.

You can view this by clicking here.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Maloney
Dabbler

Thank you for the response and pointing me in the right direction of the ticket raised on my behalf. He did say he'd be in contact either by phone or email and thought I'd been left out in the cold. Fingers crossed ...
Maloney
Dabbler

Still no services, still no presented means of paying my bill and I've heard nothing, diddly squat, sweet fa, zero, nought,zilch anything from anyone from plusnet. I give up ....,can't be bothered calling as I've spent too large a portion of my life waiting for the call to be taken whilst listening to some torturous white noise and then to have the call picked up by someone who either doesn't know how to solve my predicament or just can't be bothered...
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Maloney,

We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you. I have resubmitted the issue to the relevant team for review and they will be back in touch on the ticket in my colleagues response.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Maloney
Dabbler

Thanks! but does "This question is on hold until Tuesday 4th December at 7.00am" mean I will no longer get any updates on what's going on ? Because yet again I have heard nothing from anyone, but can see a few INTERNAL messages amongst CS members that mean nothing to me.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, I've just added a further response to the same ticket which should hopefully clarify what's been mentioned. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Maloney
Dabbler

Thanks for that but inn layman's terms when can I expect to see the return of my account, the return of the 'pay now' button so I can pay my bills and just as important, the return of the services that I will be paying for? My monthly subs are due tomorrow for other services ie netflix,now tv etc. that require the use of the broadband you provide ,or not as the case is at present. Should I cancel?
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Maloney,

Thank you for getting back in touch and I'm very sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused you.

I've had a look into your queries now, as my response contains account specific information I have replied via ticket on the account which you can view here.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Maloney
Dabbler

Thank you Emily ,but nothing really offered apart from starting a new account at new customer prices. I have fought tooth and nail to keep the discounts I had that were offered at contract renewal. Overcharged for 3 months and having to have the money refunded in instalments? Then straight after with the new billing system lost all my discounts again ?
Every time something goes wrong I am having to spend hours on the phone, 90% of the time is waiting in queue. Hours of mine and probably a lot of other customers lifes wasted.

As I said nothing was offered in recompense but I will quote you on
"Alternatively, as you are no longer tied in with us, you would be free to move to a new provider of your choice for your landline and broadband services."
Do I read this as I'm not being held under contract?..with no costs to myself got the remainder?
As for not being tied?, I have four sims with plusnet mobile that are on mates rates ie discounted with the fact I had broadband with yourselves. Cancel these and move on also ?
Last question, when I move can I take my landline number with me now my account has been closed, does it still exist?
If the answer is yes to these questions then Mark this thread as 'problem solved.
Kind regards
One pi##ed off customer

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Maloney

Thanks for coming back to us - I've added additional information to your open complaint ticket here.

Best wishes

Dave