cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haven't started a new service with you yet I have had an email saying you are billing me £28.99

chrispeach1
Grafter

Haven't started a new service with you yet I have had an email saying you are billing me £28.99

There is no way of asking a question on your website any more - it is very frustrating as I don't have time to endlessly stay on hold or stay on your chat browser waiting for a response

5 REPLIES 5
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Haven't started a new service with you yet I have had an email saying you are billing me £28.99

As far as I can remember, PN take the first month's charges as soon as you sign up, and also payment for sending you their router (if you have chosen to have one).  The next bill should then be issued a month from the date your service 'goes live', and will cover the second month of service and so on.

chrispeach1
Grafter

Re: Haven't started a new service with you yet I have had an email saying you are billing me £28.99

No this was for my house move.

I have been with PlusNet for the past 6+ years.

I am moving house so decided to stay with you.

You offered a free router (not received).

I was supposed to move house on 30th August however this was delayed and I messaged you informing you of this yet you are billing me £28.99 for a service which hasn't yet started.

Please reply as a matter of urgency or I will be cancelling and going elsewhere when I move.

Thanks,

Chris

chrispeach1
Grafter

any response on this from the PlusNet team??????

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Sorry that you haven't had a response from us here yet.

During house moves we aren't able to pause the billing on the account, so once the house move completes and the service is provided at your new address, the agent that closes your house move ticket should calculate and issue a refund to cover your down time.

I hope this helps

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
chrispeach1
Grafter

I have never heard such absolute nonsense in all my life

How can I enter into a contract for something when I can't have any use of it?

I haven't moved house yet and at the moment the move is completely not happening

I will let you know when I have exchanged contracts but until then please revert to the contract that I have had with you for the past 6 years