cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haven't received discount on signed up deal since upgrading broadband to fibre

DougRolfe

Haven't received discount on signed up deal since upgrading broadband to fibre

We signed up on a broadband deal for £21 which when looking at our bill this equated to a £7.98 discount monthly, but I've realised since we changed our broadband service up to fibre which was supposed to be an extra fiver a month - we aren't getting the discount which means our bill has increased significantly.

So from paying £21 a month we're now paying £33.98 a month for what should only have been a £5 increase from broadband to fibre.

Whats going on?

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Haven't received discount on signed up deal since upgrading broadband to fibre

Hi there. When you put a product change through online, you'd be agreeing to pay the base rate of the package.

This would've been explained to you before you complete the product change.

I'm sorry for any disappointment caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DougRolfe

Re: Haven't received discount on signed up deal since upgrading broadband to fibre

Nothing told me I would lose my £7.98 discount I was receiving as part of my contract by changing up to fibre.

What you're effectively saying is I'm not paying an extra £5 for fibre but it's actually £12.80 a month as we've lost our agreed discount.

We wouldn't have signed up to this had we been told this. Not impressed.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Mind if I ask where we've advised you it'd be just £5 more?

I've just gone through the product change tool (for my own account) and I'm advised of the total cost I'd be paying:

drolfe036 2.PNG

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet