cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you checked you're getting your referral discounts correctly?

avatastic
Grafter

Have you checked you're getting your referral discounts correctly?

As per ticket 36001050 (I know at the time of posting it is only minutes old, but I want to be sure the right people are seeing this)
For the past two months, I've only had one referral discount paid (£0.50 .. not much I know, but that's not the point!) when I should have had at least 2 each month, if not 3.
By the next time I'm billed, I should have 7 discounts against my account as well as 2-3 back payments.
Looking at the table, the crux of the problem seems to be that the last token date isn't being populated, but tokens are being accrued.
If you've also been seeing shortcomings with your referral payments, reply here to keep them all in the same place, and include the ticket ID (if you've raised one).
Cheers,
A.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
14 REPLIES 14
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Have you checked you're getting your referral discounts correctly?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

FYI we are aware of an issue with referrals ATM. We have an open problem (ID63191). I'm monitoring it's progress so I'll post back here when it's been fixed.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

That's interesting, Adam.
I raised Question  #35118177 in September when my referral discount was not applied. It was applied in October, but the September one is still missing, and the last CSC reply ended "[internal]
under investigation PID: 62259".
Is this a separate issue to the "open problem (ID63191)" you mentioned?
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Good spot 4C,
To clarify its two separate issues:
63191 = was an issue where customers are getting credited but not the correct ammount. That's been fixed and signed off now.
62259 = some customers not receiving any referrals. A fix has been created and is in beta testing.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
198kHz
Seasoned Hero

To suffer one referral discount problem may be regarded as a misfortune; to have two at the same time looks like carelessness, as Oscar Wilde might have said.  Wink
Thanks for the clarification, Adam.  Smiley
Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Who'd have thought Oscar Wilde was with PN  Roll_eyes  Grin Only joking m8, I wonder if the Yorkie terrier is having any problems.
TBH I haven't been checking mine I will now though.
avatastic
Grafter

After being told that my ticket (36001050) was going to be placed 'on hold' it's now been closed automatically due to inactivity.
I'd have though that being 'on hold' the ticket wouldn't time out automatically, but I'll now know in future to ping future tickets that I have 'on hold' every week or so so they don't time out.
On the plus side, it looks like I'm getting the correct amount for this month and £1 that was outstanding, but I've not got back and checked that it was just £1 that's outstanding.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
kmilburn
Grafter

Well it definitely looks like one of the primary problems is fixed (credit accruing but not being applied), but I didn't get the outstanding amount that had built up,    that's still there, lingering.
As usual for support,  they've done the usual of going for the easy option.
Rather than getting the issue sorted,  they've just applied a discount on next months bill!
Kevin.
p.s. For the fine PlusNet staff that frequent this place,  it's call id 36616596 if your interested.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

kmilburn,
I can't honestly see an issue with how this has been dealt with as the problem fix means that the issue should not occur again and work has been done to credit you via discounts.
If your not happy with this please let me know how you would have preferred to have had this dealt with.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kmilburn
Grafter

Technically I am happy with the result as it achieves the primary objective of receiving the appropriate credit.
My main concern is that if things proceed as currently expected,  this referral amount that was accrued but unused  will continue to show month after month with nothing happening to it,  which ultimately does not resolve issue raised.
Alternatively,  the system might eventually decide it does want to use this accrued credit,  which results in me getting it twice.  (not that I'd complain)
What I'd expected, was that the system would be sorted so that accrued credit was used next month, or if manually credited (as occurred) that the excess was removed (which it wasn't).

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

My main concern is that if things proceed as currently expected

I hope I can belay that concern entirely by mentioning that problem 63191 has been fixed so we should not need any further manual intervention in making sure you are credited correctly from here.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
198kHz
Seasoned Hero

Yep, I was credited correctly yesterday.  Smiley
Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad that's sorted, let me know if you see any similar problems.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kar999
Grafter

Quote from: 4C
Yep, I was credited correctly yesterday.   Smiley

I was fianlly credited last month for a missing August referal....but it still didnt come off the next direct debit despite a confirmation that it would.... now this months referal is short again. I;m not sure what fixes are in place but a systems fix and an acounting fix dont seem to be running in tandem to me.