cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have I made the correct decision?

kayem

Have I made the correct decision?

My fibre broadband and services were connected yesterday. That was great. This morning I phoned customer services to make enquiries about my direct debit date. It's 10 minutes and I am still waiting on the line listening to "....don't you want me baby". This is not good enough. I didn't have to wait for more than 2 minutes with my previous service provider! Angry
24 REPLIES 24
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Have I made the correct decision?

That sounds like a cruel and unusual punishment which should be outlawed  Sad
I doubt if Plusnet will ever get to a 2 minute response time at all times given the enormous cost involved with that degree of over staffing
This is the present situation with inbound call handling accessed from http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212
Also the present call response times are stated as being
Current calls waiting 	Longest call waiting now 	Average answer time today
          0                       0 seconds        1 minute and 37 seconds

This thread is also relevant http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,120067.0.html
But to answer the question - I don't believe that you have made a mistake (I would say that - wouldn't I) but the phone response times are unlikely to improve at peak demand times  in the near term until the Leeds office is up and running.
Apprentice
Grafter

I didn't have to wait for more than 2 minutes with my previous service provider!

That's fantastic I'm sure many of us would be interested to know who that ISP is?
  Smiley
picbits
Rising Star

Generally the service with Plusnet is great and you don't get too many issues so a one off 10-45 minutes on hold for a year or two worth of decent service (in my eyes) is worth it especially as it is a free phone call.
Whether a10-45 minutes call for support is considered acceptable or not is another matter but I'd rather be with PN than some of the others (I've had 2-3 hour calls to VM before !)
Sadie
Grafter

I recently had to wait for simply ages (approaching half an hour I think) but this has never happened before - generally it's much quicker, but it's always been worthwhile!  I think the CS guys at PN are terrific - and without fail have been patient and so helpful that it's always a pleasure to speak to them.  The forum members and the CS guys have between them made moving to PN the best decision I made when I changed providers 2 years ago.

kayem

Maybe it's just a one-off. I'm sure things are going to get better. Wink
picbits
Rising Star

Hopefully. I've seen quite a few complaints about long call times but generally things get sorted once you're through.
Was your previous ISP BE? They are the only other ISP I've been with who answer their phones promptly.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

In my experience [whether I'm lucky or what I don't know] PN is the only ISP have haven't had to wait ages for. My others have all had 45 minutes wait plus, whereas with PN the longest I've waited has been 5 mintues.
kanda
Grafter

Have I made the right decision? Starting to wonder that myself. Signed up for unlimited + phone and spent ages, think it was over 15 minutes on the phone before I got to talk to a human being trying to alter my activation date as Plusnet were seemingly ignoring my request for a later activation. Though I suppose after O2 everything will seem poor. Very sad to see O2 taken over.
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

I recall that before Madasafish were swallowed up by BT/Plusnet the call wait for CS and/or tech. support was minimal.
That was an offshore call centre in S Africa but they were quite good in spite of that.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Now MAAF was one that I was with and I never got through in under 45 minutes.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

It's a long way to South Africa.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Mav
Fixes: 515

In over 10 years with PN I haven't had cause to ring much more than a handful of times,
Never had to wait excessively long but my philosophy has always been that maybe there is a bigger, wider issue for which many happen to be calling. Mind you, I do have a great deal of patience anyway.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

gnicholson8
Grafter

Quote from: kanda
spent ages, think it was over 15 minutes on the phone before I got to talk to a human being

If that is your definition of "ages" I really do pity you 😕
I follow the csc wait time graph when I call plus.net (and due to OR problems) I've had to A LOT lately and I've always got a very prompt reply. max wait time was 45minutes at peak times.
What people forget is PN are aware of this and are opening up another call centre to help reduce this. Anyone who thinks a 15-20 minute wait on hold is bad is clearly bonkers 😕 Try to deal with Sky, much much worse.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

In the general situation, it is the customer who is paying for the phone bill.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."