Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has my payment been taken?

caulbox
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Has my payment been taken?

I've been with F9 since 2004, and have always paid using the same MasterCard. In the past the date of taking payment has been consistently predictable and very reliable. A few days before payment is due I receive a courteous email telling me that payment date is imminent, then the payment is duly taken on that date, at which time I receive a further email confirming payment has been taken.
However, my last (Force9 Value) payment was due on 22nd July. Although I received the usual email which stated "This is just a brief note to let you know that we will be taking the next subscription payment for your Force9 Value with included 10GB bandwidth account on 2010-07-22."....I was surprised to receive no confirmation (on 22 July) that payment had in fact been taken? I've just looked at "View Transactions" in my account details where the last payment date is listed as 22/06/2010. I've also checked my 'current' MasterCard statement online, which also has no record of any recent payment to Plusnet - but I can't conclude anything from that as it sometime takes a little time to show recent transactions.
Obviously I wouldn't want any error to result in my account being disabled. Admittedly it's only a couple of days since payment was due, and I suppose Plusnet might just be slightly late taking payment on this occasion? But I'm prompted to post my concerns, as this as never happened before in all my years with F9.
10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Has my payment been taken?

AFAIK accounts don't work weekends so you will probably need to wait until Monday for an answer otherwise I would have suggested phoning
caulbox
Rising Star

Thanks Oldjim. I suspected that to be honest, but I'm happy to wait until Monday. If something's just a bit slow on this occasion my payment record might even have updated itself before then - but I now feel reassured to have documented my worries in the meantime. I did contemplate phoning, but (rightly or wrongly) decided against it. I was thinking that if there is a gremlin or complication, then a possible long distance conversation to someone in South Africa might only serve to complicate even further!
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Wow, eagle eyed Cheesy
We've been doing a bit of work on billing the past couple of days which has lead to a delay of picking up some accounts.  Your account should be billed today or tomorrow.
This work is all about improving the system to improve our billing accuracy (i.e. preventing double billing, dates moving around, that sort of thing)

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Service status posting that some billing might be delayed for a day or so?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
caulbox
Rising Star

Cheers Kelly! I'm now fully reassured Smiley
Can you confirm that after this (slightly late) payment is taken, my subsequent due payment dates will continue to be on the 22nd of each month, as per normal?
Kelly
Hero

Jelv:  I'll have a chat with the CSC guys.  This is the first contact I've seen with someone concerned though!
Caulbox:  Yeah, you'll continue to be billed on that day, just with the invoice raised a few days later for this run.
Kelly Dorset
Kelly
Hero

Caulbox:  BTW:  You just billed! Cheesy
Kelly Dorset
caulbox
Rising Star

Thanks - already received email confirmation Smiley
I can't afford not to be concerned about any gremlins in my credit card!
(OT but also on the 22nd July, a very well known Firewall/Antivirus provider decided to take an "automatic renewal" payment which most certainly had not been sanctioned by me! What really worried me is that the expiration date on my current credit card ought not to have been known by that company. When I enquired as to where they received my credit card details from, I was told that I had supplied the details myself when I authorized the auto-renewal  - on a date well before the card even existed!)
Kelly
Hero

I think you can use a credit card to bill after it's expiry if it's being used for continuous billing, so if they had the previous one it still works.
Kelly Dorset
caulbox
Rising Star

Thanks for that info. I presume such a billing would also serve to update the records of my card which would explain the company's awareness (they knew my current card's expiration date). I had been wondering about legalities.