cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has my fibre order gone through?

tomhall87
Grafter

Has my fibre order gone through?

Hi, I've ordered fibre a few weeks ago and then got told that it was cancelled by BT due to capacity at the cabinet. Dslchecker then displayed that fibre was available again so I phoned plusnet support and asked them to put the order through again. I've had a message saying that the BT engineer will be coming next Wednesday, however there doesn't seem to be any indication of fibre being ordered on my account.
The other thing I've noticed is that my phone package has randomly changed from being the free package to the £2.00 a month evenings and weekends. No idea how this has happened, but presumably when somebody has changed some of the stuff with my account since I signed up. Pretty sure I was charged for this this month too when it's definitely not something I added to the account on sign up.
If someone could check this out for me please.
42 REPLIES 42
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Has my fibre order gone through?

Hi tomhall87,
You are definitely good to go for next week. There is an appointment with our suppliers all set in for 08/10/2014 between 8am and 1pm.
I have changed your account back to Weekends to take effect as of your next bill. You're right it was changed by accident, so I have credited £2 off your upcoming bill and requested it to be changed back.
My apologies for the confusion.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
tomhall87
Grafter

Will somebody just double check that this is still arranged for today for me please? I've not heard anything from BT saying that they're coming out etc. And I've not had a message from plusnet like last time letting me know my product had changed to fibre. Obviously with it being cancelled before without me being told I'm a bit more cautious.
Thanks!
tomhall87
Grafter

Oh, I still haven't received the router for fibre from plusnet either. This is probably to do with my address being a plot number as it caused issues for the adsl router. The house does have a house number that royal mail seems to understand better. Can this be changed in my account settings/a new router posted out. (thankfully I have a spare today)
AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi tomhall87,
I've just checked your order and the appointment is still committed for this morning.
I'm happy to arrange for another router to be sent as I fear it may have gone AWOL, especially if this is a new build.
Please can you drop me a personal message with the address and I'll get another sent out today for you. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
tomhall87
Grafter

Should I be concerned that I haven't heard anything from BT yet?
AlexD
Rising Star

Thanks for getting back to me tomhall87.
I'll give them a call now to chase this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
AlexD
Rising Star

I've just called Openreach controls and the engineer is on his way. He was assigned at 12:33 and should be with you anytime now.
Please let me know if he's not there shortly.
Thanks for letting me knoW1 Smiley
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
tomhall87
Grafter

Hi Alex, I've just had a call from open reach to tell me that there was one slot left on the cabinet for my fibre but it was faulty so it can't go ahead today. I asked the open reach engineer when it would be able to go through again and he was less than helpful basically saying no idea/probably won't be able to.
This is the second time I've ordered fibre now and had it cancelled on the day. I've had to stay home all day waiting for the engineer/yourselves to tell me it's not happening twice.
To top this off when I first had adsl with yourselves only a month ago that order randomly got cancelled for no reason until I spent hours on the phone to get it sorted out. I've then had issues with pricing, even after explaining very clearly what offer I had signed up to. It's been an absolute mess. Not even sure what I can actually do from here but I'm very unhappy with the service I've received.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi tomhall87,
I'm gutted to see this. I really thought we had it resolved.
I'll pass this on and will make sure we contact our suppliers tomorrow and stress what you've said today.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
tomhall87
Grafter

Could someone check when the engineer is coming to install the fibre for me please? A date was provisionally set but was going to be pushed forward for me.  I got asked to provide 3 dates last week but haven't been told which has been selected yet. This coming Wednesday would be preferred.
Cheers.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi tomhall87,
Apologies for the delays you've seen and thanks for your continued patience.
After reviewing the order in the suppliers system, I can see that the appointment is currently set for the 27/10/14 AM and looks to be confirmed and due to go ahead. Hopefully this date and time is fine for you? If not, just let us know and we should be able to take a look into moving this for you.
tomhall87
Grafter

Thanks for the reply. The 27th isn't good for me unfortunately as I'm at work. I was informed to provide 3 dates from Thursday last week and it would be brought forward for me. I replied straight away then didn't hear anything. It should be showing in the support ticket. Wednesday this week is preferable.
tomhall87
Grafter

Our suppliers have advised that the issues with the ports have now been resolved and they have provisionally booked your appointment for the 27/10/14 however we can bring this forward.
Please provide us with 3 available dates from the 16/10 with either AM or PM slots (excluding weekends) and we will bring this forward for you
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi tomhall87,
I've requested 22/10/2014 between 8AM and 1PM for you. We'll confirm this later today with you. Thank you for your continued patience!