cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone paid their bill & then another £1.01 charged - EDIT - It wasn't

TORPC
Grafter

Has anyone paid their bill & then another £1.01 charged - EDIT - It wasn't

I have submitted a ticket #80723765 and want to make sure this gets picked up asap
There is nothing showing in https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_transactions&s=0 for the £1.01
Can you please find out why I have been billed 2 X this month
1 x for normal amount of £24.74 from PLUNSET/ SHEFFIELD GB (No issue for that payment)
Then a strange random (stolen) amount for £1.01 from PLUSNET/2100410807
both on the 2nd February 2014
Please see screenshot added to the ticket #80723765 of my bank statement
Please note: that I only use this debit account to transfer money in for my DD's with the exact amounts needed
If I have any Bank charges as a result of you taking (STEALING) the 2nd payment without prior knowledge & consent ,
I will be charging PlusNet accordingly, to recover any and all costs, and will be making my solicitor, fraud squad and the national press aware of the theft.
Not so kind regards this time Sad Sad Sad
Note:
I thought I escaped this kind of nonsense when I left my previous ISP  Angry Angry Angry
Note 2:
Did you honestly think I would not notice a discrepancy of £1.01 from my account ??  Angry Angry Angry
Note 3:
Even your co-worker agrees that the amount of £1.01 is a typical amount that spammers initially take to see if it gets noticed
PS
I am tired of you ISP's thinking you can get away with charging what you like when you like
If this is the start of yet to come then nip it in the bud right now as I had many months of my previous ISP adding what they felt like on my bill then would not admit it was their fault,
DO NOT FOLLOW SUIT otherwise we could end up having a major FALLING OUT
Before anyone stupidly suggests I pay by DD  Lips_are_sealed and think again
[Moderator's note by Adie (Adiewoo) removed excessive emoticons as per Forum Rules] ]
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  Title changed in agreement with the OP as it was all a misunderstanding. The extra charge hadn't been taken ]
71 REPLIES 71
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Has anyone paid their bill & then another £1.01 charged (stolen) seperatly by PN

Hi TORPC,
I've replied to Ticket: 80723765.
As I've mentioned in my response, I'm really sorry for the incorrect amount that has been taken, it looks to be an error with our Billing System which has caused this. I've refunded the amount, in full.
Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
TORPC
Grafter

Re: Has anyone paid their bill & then another £1.01 charged (stolen) seperatly by PN

Cheers Chris for the speedy response
How come it was registered as 2 different PlusNet billing sections ?Huh
1. PLUNSET/ SHEFFIELD GB
2. PLUSNET/2100410807
and what was the pricely sum of £1.01 for ?Huh

I am curious how many of your 700.000+ customer base that this might of happened to that might not be aware of, this anomaly within PlusNets care, therefore I am requesting a full audit is done immediately to prevent this from happening again & or to others.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's what I'm going to get looked at as that shouldn't be happening.
Devonian
Grafter

I have been paying by Debit Card for the past year now due to the incorrect amounts being taken via Direct Debit.
Like yourself TORPC I have a basic account that I transfer money into each month for my bills to be taken from.
So if a company decides to over charge me, they aren't getting it.
TORPC
Grafter

Thanks Chris
When would we likely to have feedback back from the audit ?Huh
@Devonian
Thank you for your feedback Smiley
Any others affected by the same or similar issue can report it here so Chris can feedback to the appropriate personnel Smiley
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've sent a request off to the Billing Admin and Payments Manager so it's entirely dependent on when I hear back.
If I don't get anything back by the end of the day, I'll chase this further for you. You'll definitely hear back from me though.
TORPC
Grafter

Thank you Chris
I suspect that this may take a while to locate and fix
TORPC
Grafter

Hi Chris
Can you advise what stage we are at please ?Huh
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm still waiting to hear back - as I say, I'll get back to you once I have further information on this for you.
TORPC
Grafter

Cheers Chris
I would also like to confirm that the £1.01 is now back in my account Wink
Thank you Smiley
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem, I'm glad that's back with you.
I've sent the ticket you raised to our Finance/Billing Team for further investigation.
The word I've had back on this so far is that £1.01 is reserved in your bank account when a card is added to the account - this is to make sure that it's a valid card. The amount shouldn't be taken from your account, just reserved with your bank/building society.
I've sent the ticket to the Finance/Billing Team to investigate why the amount was taken and to find out what's happened in this instance. You'll get further details on the ticket anyhow.
TORPC
Grafter

Cheers for the update Chris
I notice that on the ticket I was asked to supply evidence again,
Which looks like the member of staff in question has not checked the screenshot evidence, I had sent in the 1st instance
[Name Removed] - CSC Analyst
1:54pm, Tuesday 4 Feb 2014
Dear Sir,
Thank you for getting in touch.
As per Chris's original message, please attach evidence to support this and we can pass this ticket over to our Billing/Finance Teams for investigation. Ideally this would be a copy of a bank statement with any non relevant info blanked out.
Thank you for your patience in this matter.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
Kind regards,
[Name Removed]

Can you advise wheather or not I need to re-submit the evidence ?Huh
or
Add further evidence - information ?Huh
Can you also advise if the ticket that I  Embarrassed  (should not of allowed myself to be distracted) accidentally closed, can be reopened or does a new ticket have to replace the closed ticket
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You can ignore what the advisor has said as he clearly hasn't read or seen the attachment above - I'll feed this back.
We're unable to re-open tickets once closed, but I've created Ticket: 80883875 which you won't be able to close which is back with the Finance/Billing Team.
TORPC
Grafter

A big thank you Chris
I am sorry for the inconvenience that you had to submit a new ticket caused by my  Embarrassed lack of concentration
Thank you for feeding back the anomaly from the staff member (hope he does not get into much trouble) for a simple misunderstanding
And for
Sending the info back to the Finance/Billing Team Smiley

Edit:
Apologies for this being off topic
Chris can you or a relevant member of staff, 
Please take a look at my other thread in Broadband and Routers and advise if the information has or is going to be fed back to the development team. ?Huh
Last response from PlusNet staff
« Reply #31 on January 30, 2014, 12:49:37 »

Edit: Update to ticket
I am also again being asked to submit the evidence by a different staff member, as they have clearly nor read / looked at the attachment I sent
[Name Removed] - A&BS - Accounting, HR & Legal
5:05pm, Wednesday 5 Feb 2014
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your query.
In the vast majority of cases, a transaction of £1.01 would be what we call a test transaction, which is sent just to make sure your card details are correct. We would not actually take this money from your card. The £1.01 generally enters what we call a holding state, which may mean your available balance is showing as £1.01 lower, however as we will not take the money out the hold will "fall off" this amount automatically and the £1.01 will show as part of your available balance again.
If your card is a debit card, the hold should "fall off" the amount within 1-5 days, however if your card is a credit card this can take longer, up to 30 days depending on the practices of your bank or card issuer.
If you are concerned that this money has in fact left your account, please could I ask you to send a bank statement which shows the money being paid out to plusnet and shows up to 7 days afterwards so we can see that the money didn't subsequently go back in.
This can be uploaded as an attachment to a question by visiting the plusnet Member's Centre at http://www.plus.net, alternatively you can post this to us at the following address:
Plusnet
The Balance
2 Pinfold Street
Sheffield
S1 2GU.
I hope this helps and I do apologise for any confusion caused.
Kind regards,
[Name Removed]

As  it is now clear that 2 members of staff has not read / viewed the attachment
Can we please look to see if this is down to human or system error ?Huh
Also there was no mention of the reimbursement
And
There has never been any mention of a wait of up to 7 days after the fact
I have tried to find out if any of the information in the latest quote is on your website and if it is I am yet to find it
It needs to be kept simple and straight to the point on your website that is easy to locate
1, The transaction of £1.01 would be what we call a test transaction, which is sent just to make sure your card details are correct
2, We would not actually take this money from your card
3, The £1.01 generally enters what we call a holding state, which may mean your available balance is showing as £1.01 lower, however as we will not take the money out the hold will "fall off" this amount automatically and the £1.01 will show as part of your available balance again.
4, If your card is a debit card, the hold should "fall off" the amount within 1-5 days, however if your card is a credit card this can take longer, up to 30 days depending on the practices of your bank or card issuer.
5, If you are concerned that this money has in fact left your account, please could I ask you to send a bank statement which shows the money being paid out to plusnet and shows up to 7 days afterwards so we can see that the money didn't subsequently go back in.
6, This can be uploaded as an attachment to a question by visiting the plusnet Member's Centre at http://www.plus.net, alternatively you can post this to us at the following address:
Plusnet
The Balance
2 Pinfold Street
Sheffield
S1 2GU.