cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has PlusNet stopped sending out usage warning e-mails?

christmas
Aspiring Pro

Has PlusNet stopped sending out usage warning e-mails?

Today without warning I had an email saying I had gone over the allowance limit and that would be an extra £5.
I have a Value account with 10Gb + free allowance midnight to 8am, and have never before been over the monthly limit. In the past I've received an email warning when usage hit 8Gb and I would cut back usage, usually the last few days of the month.
Has PlusNet stopped sending out those warning e-mails?
8 REPLIES 8
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Has PlusNet stopped sending out usage warning e-mails?

Hi,
I've popped Ticket: 81950884 onto your account for you. I hope this resolves the issue for you.
christmas
Aspiring Pro

Hello Chris,
Thank you for your rapid response of 2:17pm, Thursday 27 Feb 2014 letting me know there is a problem and the £5 discount.
As per my message on the Community Forums. I'm really sorry that you haven't received a warning e-mail before you exceeded your monthly usage allowance. We do have an open internal problem open to investigate this.

In October last year I pointed out I had not received an email notifying me of a price increase and could find nothing on my various email accounts, was that part of the same internal problem?
Thanks again.  
christmas
Aspiring Pro

While I'm here a bit of feedback for you.
Although I received almost immediately an email with a link to your website where I could track the progress of my question, I was expecting a response on the forum. Having had no reply on the forum, this morning I clicked on the link provided in the email, which took me to the log in page of the Members Centre.
On entering my username and password I was met by my usual member's welcome page but could see no option to monitor questions raised. In frustration I went back to the email and clicked on the link again, this time it took me the 'Help Support' tab and there was your response to my question. If it's normal to have to log in first to the member centre and then click on the link in the email, it might be worthwhile stating that in the question tracking email?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the feedback christmas.
I'm not aware of a problem when opening the link to view your questions. It should always ask you to log in with your username and password, however, it should then take you to the help and support sections where you can view your questions. I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.
christmas
Aspiring Pro

Just tried the link again and the same happened. Whisked to Members Centre log in, enter username & password, payment details displayed. Click the email link again and voila the question tracking.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Which browser are you using? Have you tried this in an alternative browser?
Can you post the URL link here and we can try to replicate this?
christmas
Aspiring Pro

Hello again,
I'm using Internet Explorer 10, is it ok to put the link on a public message?
Something else, if I use the link in the email then log in and click on the top tab "Help & Support" or the side bar "Help Assistant" I get a picture of a man in a dress called Jess, who's a virtual assistant.
If after login I use the email link, I get the question and if I go elsewhere and click back to help using either of the tabs on the page, Jess is replaced by my question.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: christmas
I'm using Internet Explorer 10, is it ok to put the link on a public message?

If you don't feel comfortable putting the link in the public forum then feel free to PM me.
Quote from: christmas
Something else, if I use the link in the email then log in and click on the top tab "Help & Support" or the side bar "Help Assistant" I get a picture of a man in a dress called Jess, who's a virtual assistant.

Any chance you can get a screen shot of this?