cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had about enough now!!

maxinewednesday

Had about enough now!!

So back in August I decided to upgrade to Fibre broadband as Plusnet were doing an offer to existing customers, free hub and 26.99 a month and I thought great I'll do that. When my bill came through in September I had been overcharged so I went onto the chat and was told I would receive a cheque for the over charge and I thought great. Since then it has been nothing but story after story from plusnet! The cheque I was supposed to receive never came so I was told I would receive it via bank transfer and after a week I still hadn't received it I spoke to someone again who told me it would be another week. So I waited another week and still nothing so I spoke to someone again and they tried to tell me that I wasn't actually receiving a bank payment it had been deducted from my bill which it hadn't because I paid £41 and my bill is only supposed to be £26.99 so the lady went away and came back and said we will deduct it from your next bill. So, my next bill came through and surprise surprise it wasn't deducted from my bill! So I phoned and was told oh it will be credited to your account and this was a week ago and I still haven't received it. Now I'm aware it's only £14.96 however it has been 5 weeks since this all started and I think it's a bit ridiculous now. I've been in hospital having my second child and then home trying to look after a new born baby I really shouldn't be having to chase this up. Really thinking about leaving Plusnet and going to another company which is a shame because I've been a customer for over 2 years now!! Anyone else had problems like this or just me?
8 REPLIES 8
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Had about enough now!!

Shame on Plusnet Customer Service staff, for not ensuring that what they told this customer, about refunds, was carried out....

This is certainly NOT    "We`ll  do you proud"  IS IT  ?

More realistically, it seems like   " We`ll do you....... " 

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Hopefully one of the mods will move this to My Account/Billing where it will be spotted by the PN staff who help with such problems on this forum.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

NOTE:  This topic was escalated last night by one of the Mods.  It will probably be Monday before any response can be expected. Embarrassed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

@MauriceC

And what's your experience of issues being exclated by supermods, do PN take any notice of these issues or is it just a big con to give the impression that notice is being noted and acted on.

Perhaps a few examples of issues you have highlighted as supermods and which have pn have acted on would be useful.

Nothing personal,  I am sure your intentions are good but are your good intentions being acted on.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear this.

From what I can see we've processed the refund as a cheque which did go through however as you haven't received this we've raised it for further investigation

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
maxinewednesday

Well that's just not good enough at this point. I was told it would be in a cheque, then told it would a bank payment, then it would be deducted from my bill and then again I was told it would be a bank payment and now you're telling me it was processed as a cheque and it's being investigated. It's been 5 weeks it's beyond a joke now and I'm currently looking into other internet providers! I realise that this isn't your fault directly so I apologise for being short however I've reached my limits now with regards to this situation.
MauriceC
Resting Legend

@gleneagles wrote:

@MauriceC

And what's your experience of issues being exclated by supermods, do PN take any notice of these issues or is it just a big con to give the impression that notice is being noted and acted on.

Simple answer is "Yes. They do listen". Over the time Superusers have been acting we have managed to effect change in some areas.  However getting action on some of the Big Ticket issues is taking longer than we would prefer - but that isn't enough to stop us pushing!  More recently these ongoing Billing issues have presented many more 'challenges' which we are actively feeding back to the development team.

Perhaps a few examples of issues you have highlighted as supermods and which have pn have acted on would be useful.

I'll check just which issue we can report on without broaching our NDA Embarrassed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

@MauriceC wrote:

@gleneagles wrote:

@MauriceC

I'll check just which issue we can report on without broaching our NDA Embarrassed

Thanks,

Look forward to a list of issues you can report on.

If customers were made aware that action was been taken on issues highlighted it would improve confidence in PN, sadly the same problems keep appearing, not all are PN's fault but things like billing issues and promises of refunds etc cannot be laid at openreaches door.

I guess being a optomist is a essential requirement of being a superuser.

SmileySmiley

We are born into history and history is born into us.