cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had a phone call last njght offering to REDUCE my charges?!

BlueEagle

Re: Had a phone call last njght offering to REDUCE my charges?!

I'd love one of these calls!
Linerental saver is coming to an end, also a discount on my package, and Sky and TalkTalk have LLU'd our exchange although it's still marked as Market 1 - hoping Ofcom get their act together and re-assign to a different market before everything runs out..........
reserved
Grafter

I agreed to a new 12 month contract, just found out that PN have made it 18 month!
Have pointed it out via a ticket   76973035  Angry
bill
Grafter

I wrote earlier in this thread that Plusnet told me that they don't contact customers for renewal and they do not have a Rotherham number. Having just read Matt Taylor's post confirming the calls are indeed genuine I rang Plusnet and they apologised for the mistake. I said I would pass this on to the forum. I now understand the contract renewal calls on the Rotherham number come from the outbound team.
All's well that ends well.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have now added "01709 964403" to my phone directory, so the handsets should ring if I ever get the call  Roll_eyes
Can Plusnet publish a list of all phone numbers, so I don't in future miss calls from tech support, etc.
Thanks
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: reserved
I agreed to a new 12 month contract, just found out that PN have made it 18 month!

This is why I did not bother trying to verify that the call was actually from Plusnet before refusing to enter into any discussion. If I am to be made an offer then let it be in writing so that I can consider it at my own pace and be sure exactly what I am agreeing to and not rely on having to recall who said what to who.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I completely agree with getting it in writing before accepting any offer !.
However, this forum has been full of people moaning that they were unaware that they could upgrade to 'Unlimited' from their existing more expensive package, and others complaining that they didn't receive the email saying that their package price has just gone up.
I guess this is a targeted telephone campaign to inform customers (who are in obvious need of upgrading from an obsolete and expensive legacy package) because they have either not seen, or have chosen to ignore, any Plusnet advertising and marketing emails, etc, regarding the latest broadband products, and the new pricing structure for cheaper combined broadband and phone packages.
reserved
Grafter

I was already on the unlimited package and was offered half price broadband for x months if I agreed to a new contract.
I'm hoping one of the reps will notice this and will sort it out for me.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Dennis,
Not sure what the agent in ticket 76973035 was saying 18 months for, I'll pick that up with him feedback wise. I've checked the service notice and the contract on your account and both of those show a 12 month contract I'm happy to say, so all is right apart from (somewhat embarrassingly) what the agent told you.
Hope that helps.
reserved
Grafter

Thanks for checking Matt, I have quite a few senior moments these days and I was hoping that wasn't one of them.
Mayfly
All Star

Aha found this thread at last
I've just had one of these calls but refused the offer until I know what PN would do should the new Market classification merge go ahead. Until I know that I won't be happy committing to another 12  mths.
I can't imagine the now Mkt2 customers will be happy with an increase and like wise I wouldn't be happy paying more than others for the same service on the same exchange.
@ purleigh I'm unlimited changed last January so not aimed solely at older products.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you have to transfer your phone line to Plusnet, in order to get the deal ?
Mayfly
All Star

I am already a phone customer but yes I changed in 2011 to get a deal.
I have no problem with the phone move at all - cheaper than it was with BT.
Anonymous
Not applicable

So let me get this right -
Plusnet are phoning existing customers who may already be on the new unlimited package, who may already have their phone service and line rental with Plusnet, and then offer them unlimited broadband, but with the first six months at half price, in exchange for restarting their existing contract for a duration of twelve months, without any new restrictions or needing buy extra products.
Why ?,  is the price of unlimited broadband about to jump, in order to fund BTs TV package ?
Mayfly
All Star

I wasn't offered as long as 6 mths at half price it was less than that but yes essentially  - I am already a phone customer and I am on the new unlimited product my contract runs out in January but as stated before because I'm Mkt 1 I'm prepared to wait a little longer and ask questions before I will commit to another 12mths.
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a fellow "Market 1" pricing victim, I can sympathise with waiting to see what effect "Mkt2014:A" has on pricing.
It will be interesting to see whether Plusnet will continue to charge "Market 1" customers the significantly higher rate, rather than normalizing product costs to a much lower rate in the way that almost all other ISPs do.
The excessive premium Plusnet charge "Market 1" customers, is the only thing that makes me look elsewhere for better deals.
Fortunately for me the OFCOM review of exchange classification and pricing should happen around April 2014, so I will have a few months to consider my options when my Plusnet 12 month contract comes to an end in June 2014.  I'm also hoping that by then, that I will get some indication from the local BDUK project as to what "better broadband" means, because I really can't stay on 20CN ADSL indefinitely.