cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Renewing / staying with Plusnet when contract runs out, but WHAT price?

andyt1970
Grafter

HELP! Renewing / staying with Plusnet when contract runs out, but WHAT price?

Hi, I am on an 18 month Unlimited Fibre Extra inc. Line rental package at £27.99 a month with Unlimited UK & Mobile calls at £9 extra a month = £36.99 monthly total. This is coming to an end on 1st April 2022.

Not sure what the "Your contract" start and end date here is though (see below)

1 Plusnet BB package 18Mar22.JPG.

I had an email offer on 28th Feb informing me my contract is ending 1st April 2022, offering £23.95 for unlimited fibre extra broadband and line rental, 18 month contract and the option to add unlimited UK & mobile call plan for extra £9.41 per month = £33.36 new 18 month contract monthly total.

2 email offer.jpg

A whopping £3.63 cheaper, hardly a tempting renewal offer.

But, if I took this, I assume it's subject to the 3.9% CPI increase (from 1st March 2022), so what would I be paying monthly anyone, please?

Yet when I sign into my Plusnet account and click on the "Get deal" button, it now wants £36.91 a month (see below), and only 8p cheaper than what I'm paying now Sad

3 Plusnet renewal ONLINE 18Mar22.JPG

But this says the CPI increase won't take effect until 31st March 2022, (bottom right of screenshot) so which is it? 1st March or 31st March. Again, if I took the above offer, what would my monthly bill be please with this extra 3.9%?

Plusnet are so sneaky.

Another ISP (who I won't be allowed to mention in this) is offering Super Fibre 63-74 Mb/s speed, 18-19Mb/s  estimated upload speed (57 Mb/s guaranteed) with Anytime calls all for just £20.00 a month for a 12 month contract, no set-up fees, just a one off £5 router delivery charge.

Yep, just £20 a month compared to Plusnet's extortionate £36 odd a month (hardly a tempting "please stay with us offer". And this other ISP has no mention of CPI increases etc. A simple, straight forward quoted price of £20 all in (excl. delivery charge).

I can save well over £200 over 1 year by switching to the other side, and save £16.99 monthly by NOT staying with Plusnet.

I would rather stay with Plusnet as I hate switching to other firms and is the grass greener on the other side?, but it's saving me £16.99 a month, something I can't afford to lose.

Any opinions/ advice please ASAP? And if anyone from Plusnet can come in with anything close to that then I'll sign up and stay with Plusnet again.

Over to you. 

Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: HELP! Renewing / staying with Plusnet when contract runs out, but WHAT price?

1. There are some known gremlins on the account status page - reports have been raised (ref: MC-1877) about different details being seen in different browsers / OS environments - therefore there is some possibility that what the above screen shot reports is your previous (not the current) contract
  2. Invariably a much better deal can be obtaining by telephoning COTS - "I'm thinking about leaving" and having a warm chat about your options - if you do not like the first offer, say you'll need to think about it, then call another time for a better deal - it helps to have alternative prices to hand! Wink

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: HELP! Renewing / staying with Plusnet when contract runs out, but WHAT price?

@Townman wrote:

Invariably a much better deal can be obtaining by telephoning COTS - "I'm thinking about leaving" and having a warm chat about your options - if you do not like the first offer, say you'll need to think about it, then call another time for a better deal - it helps to have alternative prices to hand! 

Very good advice well worth trying 

You should be answered quite quickly and the person you speak to will be very knowable and deals which are not shown on line 

Mobile phone deals as well 

Good luck please let us know how you get on

Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Just for those of us who haven't seen it before, what is COTS ?

Let's be careful out there !
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Customer Options Team (Retentions)

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Contact Customer Options Team (aka COTS)

Direct dial numbers

• 0800 013 2632(from within the UK)
  • +44 330 123 9197 (from abroad)

Available 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
9am - 7pm Saturday
9am - 6pm Sunday

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

andyt1970
Grafter

Thanks everyone, will try and ring later.

Guessing if we do go ahead and leave Plusnet they'll put the £6 a month for 7Gb of data we have with them for also being Plusnet Mobile customers UP?

i.e. this was a deal for us being existing broadband customers when we signed up to join their mobile service before Xmas.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@andyt1970 wrote:

Guessing if we do go ahead and leave Plusnet they'll put the £6 a month for 7Gb of data we have with them for also being Plusnet Mobile customers UP?

i.e. this was a deal for us being existing broadband customers when we signed up to join their mobile service before Xmas.

Taken from here > https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/mates-rates-guide/ if you cancel your broadband, this won’t affect the offer you’re currently on for your mobile.

I agree with the above that you’d be better off calling Customer Options on 0800 013 2632 Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
andyt1970
Grafter

Thanks everyone, appreciated.

Rang up and explained my situation and I had two renewal price offers, and he said they could only do me the email offer of £33.36 a month, I wasn't impressed then said I could get same from XXX with same download / upload speeds and unlimited calls for £20 a month (excluding £5 router postage) for 12 months - he said he'd put me on hold and would speak to a manager.

He came back and I thought he was going to say best we could do would be like £30 a month, but they matched it, only £20 a month for same broadband and calls package (excluding £6.99 new router postage) for 2 years. WOW.

He read a load of spiel about if I leave before end of contract I pay them £11.86 a month cancellation fee, but at that price I have my fingers crossed all my broadband problems with Plusnet are over, finally.

Only thing I wasn't clear on was this CPI increase. Have I missed this years increase or is it genuinely £20 a month? Like I said above (and others have commented on), some Plusnet literature says 1st March 2022, others 31st March 2022.

Guess I'll wait and see what confirmation comes via email.

Still very surprised by their counter offer which I snapped up!

😃

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hey @andyt1970

Thanks a lot for keeping in touch on here and I'm happy to see that you were offered a deal closer to what you were after!

Your new contract is set to go live on 24/03/2022, so the new amount that was agreed will be subject to our price rise which comes in on 31/03/2022. 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
andyt1970
Grafter

Thanks, so er, what is my monthly bill then?

1 pn.jpg2 pn.jpg3 pn.jpg

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Our price rise is the Rate of Inflation (CPI) + 3.9%

so, that's 5.4 (CPI) + 3.9 = 9.3%

Your price will therefore increase by 9.3%, or £1.86 to £21.86 Smiley 

Adam
andyt1970
Grafter

So, £21.86 a month from 24/03/2022 to 1st March 2023, then whatever a month from 1st March 2023 to end of 2 year contract in March 2024?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It'll be in and around that, correct. your first bill after the price increase might differ slightly as it'll be a pro rata bill, but yes. Another price rise will then take place based on rate of inflation published in January 2023. Smiley 

Adam
andyt1970
Grafter

I don't get it. I knew there was a non-negotiable £6.99 router P&P charge but these are my latest two bills, can someone from Plusnet please explain?

March 2022

Plusnet 1.jpgPlusnet 2.jpg

APRIL 2022

Plusnet 3.jpgPlusnet 4.jpg