cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP Plusnet trying to bill after I've left and moved overseas - NO way to contact

FIXED
LM2

HELP Plusnet trying to bill after I've left and moved overseas - NO way to contact

Before I escalate, can anyone help? I closed my account, paid a cessation fee (confirmed by email and showing on account) and moved overseas to down under. PlusNet are bombarding me with 'failed direct debit' for "your normal monthly amount'. There is NO WAY of contacting them in my time zone, no email, no online chat, no phone answer (and I won't be trying to ring again due to cost).

I've had to activate this account to get into their system and this is the only place I can find to contact them, or rather a forum. I left such positive feedback when I left and encouraged others to join, but really regret this now.\

Why on earth can't they look at their own accounts where "CESSATION FEE" is clearly showing at beginning of August.

They need to provide a proper communication portal and outlet. Appalling 'options' when you try to go through their website as no, I don't want to pay for a service I no longer receive for an address I no longer live at.

I've DM'd their Twitter acct (the support one) but will happily put it out in public if they wish

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: HELP Plusnet trying to bill after I've left and moved overseas - NO way to contact

Fix

It looks like I've since resolved this over Twitter for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
LM2

Re: HELP Plusnet trying to bill after I've left and moved overseas - NO way to contact

Phew! Thanks very much Anoush for responding so quickly via DM on Twitter (the initial acknowledgement from someone but then you so quickly  letting me know it was sorted) - really appreciate it.

(Obviously outcome good after I'd posted, but stressful re initial email notices which couldn't be replied to and having to search, resorting to a Twitter DM, and then setting up passwords etc to post on forum, think PlusNet might review how they can be contacted? please feel free to pass on)

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems at all and we'll pass your feedback on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet