cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP Just signed up on a 12 month contract and now my landlord is kicking me out in a month!

rightoffchap

HELP Just signed up on a 12 month contract and now my landlord is kicking me out in a month!

So i did my research and when my contract ran out from sky i signed up with plusnet fibre unlimited for 12 months. Everything was going smoothly, router has even came a day early, im due to have plusnet internet tomorrow (20/07/17).................................................................................................

....then my landlord's son contacted me this afternoon to tell me his father is wheelchair bound and as we live on the groundfloor he needs us to vacate so he can look after his father in the flat!!! So ive got to move out at the end of August. Not good.

Now i know i could change my account to a new address but its looking more than likely that we will be moving into my girlfriends parents house to save, but they already have virgin! 

Its been 16 days since i signed up, yep you guessed it, 2 days too late to cancel! Has anyone else ever had this piece of bad luck before? Any other ways i could cancel? Is there any positive outcomes to be had?

(I've been in a queue on the phone for 40 minutes now and the live chat doesnt seem to be working so i thought id share on here.)

7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: HELP Just signed up on a 12 month contract and now my landlord is kicking me out in a month!

The da t that service has not yet started just might give you an edge. You must stay on the line until you get through but I fear that the customer options team will be closed.

If you have add or cookie blockers installed, chat will not work

@Gandalf - is there anything you can suggest here please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rightoffchap

Re: HELP Just signed up on a 12 month contract and now my landlord is kicking me out in a month!

I managed to get through but you were right, the cancellation team shuts at 8 so I was an hour or so late. Spoke to a nice guy who said I need to contact them tomorrow and they would be able to look at it.
Hopefully they can help me. My bloody wooden chair somehow cracked whilst I was waiting in the queue, tomorrow needs to bring me some luck!
Thanks for your reply, appreciate it.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

Sorry to hear of your situation. Sad Whilst your order is not yet complete with our suppliers, it's unfortunately reached the past point of no return where we're unable to cancel it as the engineering activity is scheduled with our suppliers for today.

There's not much I can advise I'm afraid, other than I'd recommend discussing this with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting Option 1 then Option 2). At the time of writing this, there is no wait time to get through to them.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rightoffchap

Phoned up and was told roughly what you said above. Spoke to a really nice fella called [CSA Removed], we arranged that I could transfer my account to my girlfriends house, new line and all that at no extra cost but have my contract extended by 6 months. I thought fair play, the only probably was that I'd have to sweat talk my future mother in law in letting an engineer in to setup a line..........
...... Then [CSA Removed] phones back....... He's only spoken to his manager and as a gesture of good will there going to cancel my order!
Made up. What a lad [CSA Removed] is!
Appreciate all the responses. I'll be back with PlusNet once we get a mortgage!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

That's good to hear! Hopefully you're back on your feet soon.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

A result to be PROUD of!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@rightoffchap wrote:

I'll be back with PlusNet once we get a mortgage!

PN really isn't that expensive! Laugh