Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Groundhog Day?

FIXED
RetiredNow
Dabbler

Groundhog Day?

My son's Plusnet connection hasn't been working for, I think, 4 weeks now.

(No names, no packdrill but he's probably the only person with a real last name the same as my real last name living in postcode HD9)

He moved house to his present address and took his Plusnet Broadband account with him and everything worked perfectly for several months.

Then suddenly it stopped.

As I understand it, Accounts seem to think he is now a new a/c waiting for an installation and engineering - or whatever -  seem to know there's already a broadband supply and understandably haven't been to visit . And each seem to be waiting for the other.

I know that - today of all days - there must be far more urgent matters to attend to since some customers will have had all their connectivity swept away in the floods but does anyone have any suggestions about how to break out of this cycle and get the broadband purring away sweetly again?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Groundhog Day?

Fix

Thanks for your post @RetiredNow I'm sorry to see the way we've handled this. It looked like there was a bit of a discrepancy on our side which would've been purely admin related and wouldn't have affected his service, so we should've progressed this as a fault with our suppliers long ago.

As we are where we are now, the order to 'reprovide' his service is due to complete tomorrow and he should be back up and running then. I've also emailed him with a bit more information, adding a reply to a support ticket https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=198863333

Sorry again for the time he's spent without a broadband service Sad

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RetiredNow
Dabbler

Thanks for your help! My son is now a happy bunny again, hurrah!!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Awesomeness Thumbs_Up thanks for confirming @RetiredNow Sorry again that we took the smash the walnut with a sledgehammer path though. Sad Let me know if there's anything else you or he needs help with. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet