cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my 3 months free but account not changed to Value?

Lolaan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Got my 3 months free but account not changed to Value?

I suppose to have my temporary broadband your way option 1 account changed to Plusnet Value broadband on the 22nd (yesterday).
I had an email telling me that the 3 months free (which should come with broadband value) have been added to my account.
I was expecting to see my account details changed  to Value today 23rd (as yesterday 22nd  was a sunday) but I can see tonight that it hasn't been changed and I am still on  broadband your way.
Broadband Value comes with 10GB allowance, but broadband your way comes with 2GB. I've already used about 1.5GB in the last 10 days, and thought my usage would be reset with the start of  Broadband Value today, but it wasn't.
If my account doesn't change soon to Value won't I be charged extra for every extra GB I use? (at least that's how I understand it).
When exactly am I expected to be moved to the Plusnet Value package?
26 REPLIES 26
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Got my 3 months free but account not changed to Value?

Lolaan,
I'm not sure how this got missed but I've just changed the account type over to value so you you should now have the appropriate monthly subscription, usage allowance etc...
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Lolaan
Rising Star

Thank you Adam, now I can see that I am on the Value package.
I hope there won't be any problems with the manual reset of my three months free now. Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Lolaan,
I've just checked and those discounts look fine. Smiley
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Lolaan
Rising Star

Thank you so much, Adam.
With a little luck it will be plain sailing from now on.  Smiley
Cheers,  Grin
Lolaan
Rising Star

Well, I thought everything was sorted but I had a nasty surprise when I checked my payment details in my account. Angry
Instead of the 3 months free I should get for the months of september-october-november for upgrading to Broadband Value, I have a pending payment of 7.49 (£1 more than what I should normally pay), payable on the 10th of september.
Can someone look into this before the 10th as I need normally to authorise the payment, if payment need to be taken by Plusnet, but really I should get my first month free this month of september.
Thank you.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Lolaan,
I have a pending payment of 7.49 (£1 more than what I should normally pay), payable on the 10th of september.

Just wondering where you've read that? I've just checked your account, the billing is set at £6.49 and the discounts are in place for the first 3 months.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Lolaan
Rising Star

When I log into my account and click on view/update payment details, at the bottom of the page I am asked to authorise the next payment. When I click on "authorise payment", I go to a page where it says that I have to authorise the next payment of £7.49 on the 10th september. I cannot find anything in my account that would indicate that I have the next three months free.
I had that thing about authorising payments for a couple of months now, I think it has something to do with visa secure or something.
I didn't need to authorise any payments when my account was upgraded, and the payments have gone through alright. So I don't know about that.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The pages on the portal won't actually display a discount that we've applied so what I've done instead is forwarded a query from your account. You should receive an e-mail with the confirmation about the discounts. Failing that just go to help and support > my questions.
With regards to you having to authorise payments its as you have a debit card listed on the account and we aren't able to gain continuous authority to take payment from those so we have to ask you. I'd reccomend adding a direct debit so that the money comes from the same account each month without you having to log on and authorise each one.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Lolaan
Rising Star

Should I authorise the payment or leave it at that for now?
I still got a notification billing in my email box today, telling me that Plusnet will be taking the next subscription payment on 2010-09-10.

It still doesn't explain why I am asked to authorise a payment of £7.49, when it should be £6.49. Unless, by the time I will have to pay the full fee, it will  then be £7.49?
I will wait that the monthly payments are secure and trouble free for a few months before considering changing my payment method.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We run one of your domains @ £1 per month, which makes the subscription £7.49.
The type of card that you use doesn't need per-payment authorisation, only Maestro does so you can ignore any authorisation request. If you're seeing a screen that asks you to authorise a payment then this a problem on our side. I investigated this for a customer a few weeks back but couldn't replicate it and wasn't given any screenshots, would you be able to oblige please?
Lolaan
Rising Star

Quote from: Ben
]We run one of your domains @ £1 per month, which makes the subscription £7.49.

At last I got an answer about that mystery, thank you Ben.  Smiley
Does that mean that if I get rid of one of the domain my subscription will go down by £1? I got a second domain name because it was offered for free by Plusnet a few years ago, when there were lots of problems with spam emails. One of the proposed solutions was to set up a new mailbox with a new domain name but another solution was found and I've never used the second domain.
On the other hand, following the support pages, even if I have 1 domain only, I will pay the extra £1, so maybe it's better to leave everything as it is.
Quote from: Ben
I investigated this for a customer a few weeks back but couldn't replicate it and wasn't given any screenshots

I gave two screenshots of it in one of my posts above. Is it what you are after?
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Quote tags fixed.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yeah, we'd still charge £1 for the one domain if you removed the other one.
The pics were exactly what I needed, looks like we're asking people to authorise payments from Delta cards, not just Maestro cards as intended. I've raised this as P63409.
Lolaan
Rising Star

It seems that, even if it says I need to authorise a payment, it is not necessary as a payment has been taken using my delta card though I didn't authorise it. So at least for this one I am sure now that the payments will be covered.
                                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have received a billing notice in my email box telling me that £6.49 was taken for the billing period starting on 2010-09-10. See screenshot.
I would have waited to see the payment in my banking statement online before coming back here but at the same time I have an invoice in my transactions for a payment of £5.49 (that includes a special offer discount of £1).See screenshot.
I suppose that once there is an invoice in your account the payment will go through.
I thought the 3 months free were sorted? Obviously not.
If it is what I think it is, the "special offer discount" should have been for £6.49, not for £1. And even if I end up paying £7.49 because of my domain, I should only pay £1 for 3 months, and not £5.49.
Can someone look into this?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry about that, It looks like the discounts were removed during the account upgrade process and then re-applied by one of my colleagues who wasn't aware of your case. These discounts were put on incorrectly at £1, instead of £6.49.
I've removed these and added 4 x £6.49. I added the extra one to say sorry for the mix up.
Please let me know if there's anything else that I can do.