Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a new offer on a 2 year contract, not honoured by Plusnet

dan17
Grafter

Got a new offer on a 2 year contract, not honoured by Plusnet

Hi,

In June, it was agreed that my new Offer price is to be £24.99 but since then Plusnet have been billing me much higher prices - July bill is £38.99 and August bill is £43.41. How come the new price wasn’t applied?

“Dear Mr Hill,

Thank you for your call today. Please keep a copy of this e-mail for your records. As discussed, I’ve made the following changes to your Plusnet service:

A breakdown of your monthly bill is as follows:

Unlimited Fibre Extra Broadband service: £4.70 per month for 24 months then £21.30 per month
Line rental: £20.29 per month

Total £24.99 per month on a new 24 month contract”

This was posted on my account by [CSA Removed] - Sales & COT Analyst on Wednesday June 16th 2021

Moderators Note: CSA name removed as per Forum rules

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 247

Re: Got a new offer on a 2 year contract, not honoured by Plusnet

@dan17 Without seeing the breakdown of your bill, it is difficult to offer any explanation. Two things though - do you have a call plan? If not and you make calls on your landline, these are expensive. The other could be the CPI+3.9% increase which would have applied from the July invoice - but that doesn't explain the massive hike.

John
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hiya, sorry for the inconvenience, It looks to me like the discounts probably weren't applied correctly. I'm sure one of the team will be along to check the system and fix it soon Smiley

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
dan17
Grafter

Hi,

They’ve bodged the change in contract, definitely. My contract end date is also apparently 1st Jan 1970…
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 247

Sounds like the wonderful accounting system has failed again - but without some figures, you will have to wait for Plusnet to sort it.

John
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Yeah it sounds like something got stuck and the contract change and discounts didn't quite go through. I'm off today or I'd take a look myself but it sounds like an easy fix for us. Really sorry for the inconvenience. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @dan17, thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry that the new contract and price hasn't started as expected.

I have now got this put through for you an have provided a further response regarding this on your account here for you.

Please just get back to us should you have any further queries.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team