Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good News.... email...

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Good News.... email...

I received the following email, yesterday....  Addressed to me by name,...

_______________________________________________________________________________________

We`ve got some good news

After reviewing the prices we charge for some of our services, we’re pleased to let you know that as of 1st September we won’t be taking any further payments for your email & domain service/s, as they’re becoming free of charge*.

We're really pleased that we're able to offer you this service for free. The only other change we're making is that from 1st September you won’t be able to transfer in or host any other domains on this service. But otherwise, you can carry on using it as you do now, but for free!

______________________________________________________________________________________

So , I thought... GREAT ! ..... thanks very much.... BUT>>>>>  am I being charged for email and domain services at the moment... ?     Think I better check.... ( as my email and domain were FREE when I signed up more than 10 years ago,....  looks like I could be in for a nice big payout... if I`m being charged now... ) 

so... I got on to live chat this morning... straight in, no problem...  and had a nice chat about my bill and account... and  asked if I was being charged.... the chat went like this....

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

ME........ Hello XXXXXXXX good morning, please can you find out how much I am being charged , per month for my email and domain services

XXXXXXX

Your whole bill with us is £11.00 but there is no domain charge on there.

ME      so how much is my email costing me from that £11.00 ?

XXXXXXX

Theres no email charge on there.

ME      ok... so from what you are saying... I am not being charged for my email services... nor for my domain hosting my website ?

XXXXXXX

No as its not on your bill,

ME      ok... so .. if it is not on my bill,... then those services are FREE ?

XXXXX

Yes, as i cant see any charge for it.

********************************************************************************************************************************************
So.... what payments have you been taking ? 

we’re pleased to let you know that as of 1st September we won’t be taking any further payments for your email & domain service/s, as they’re becoming free of charge*.

We're really pleased that we're able to offer you this service for free.
4 REPLIES 4
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Good News.... email...

Some customers where paying though @shutter.  It appears you got the email in error.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hey Shutter.

Yeah from what I can see you haven't been paying us for your email or domain service so nothing will change for you come September. Thumbs_Up

Apologies for any confusion caused by the automated email you've received.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Gandalf & @JonoH  yeah... another  "error".. from the accounting department.... not catastrophic... but.... rather than spam all customers , surely there should be some selectivity available for these "mass emails bringing "good news"  "

More "Good News"..... .. I haven`t received any Business Customer emails (in error)  ( or otherwise)... ! ! Cheesy

I feel  " a bit let down"... though... getting some "Good News"... which turned out to be "fake news" .! Cry

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

As always we'll pass your feedback on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet