cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Honest Broadband? Having a laugh,increased my monthly charge w/o telling me

foxtrck
Grafter

Good Honest Broadband? Having a laugh,increased my monthly charge w/o telling me

Just received my advance notice of direct debit today and it seems they have upped the price of the Unlimited account and I don't just mean the VAT increase which I was expecting anyway. I have been paying £16.34 (in 17.5 VAT) for the unlimited every month and suddenly I get a bill for £21.34.... now thats a big 2.5% increase.
Anyway I look at the base price I'm paying now and its £17.78 instead of what I have been on for 12 months £13.91.
Whats going on Plusnet? And why did you not inform me *at all* that the base price of my account will increase? I expected the VAT increase as that was informed, but I didn't expect your base price to rise....
Good Honest Broadband  Roll_eyes
2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Good Honest Broadband? Having a laugh,increased my monthly charge w/o telling me

Quote from: foxtrck
Whats going on Plusnet? And why did you not inform me *at all* that the base price of my account will increase?

We did, back during the first/second week of December. There's a copy of the email you were sent recorded against your account (SN100544068 on the 9th December).
Excerpt from the email in question:
[quote author="Nick Rawlings"]From 4th January 2011 the government is increasing VAT to 20%, so we'll be making some changes to our pricing and features for Home Phone services and our Unlimited broadband service. Line rental will be £11.99 a month and our Unlimited service will increase by £5 a month.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Good Honest Broadband? Having a laugh,increased my monthly charge w/o telling me

Moderators Note.
Locking in favour of the other thread which has a long debate on price changes and said email
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'