cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Pricey Now

johnmglen
Grafter

Getting Pricey Now

I may be wrong, I sometimes am Wink but a few pence short of £30 for my phone & 60 GB limited service that runs at 2.5 Mbps at best is becoming hard to justify. I know Plus Net don't look after the stupid bit of copper wire that so badly serves my home, but it is nevertheless, a bit steep. The recent price rise is also but hard to swallow. I would love to see a service that recognises places with really cruddy connection speed and gives you a discount (yeah, I know, dream on). Anyhow, gentle moan over, Plus Net's service is still very good - reliable, stable etc but it won't stop me looking to cut costs and if that means moving, so be it.  
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: Getting Pricey Now

@JMG
Does the new product release not work out better for you?
Also with regards to the speed of the service, unfortunately we don't get a discount dependent on the speed, we just pay a fixed tariff.
johnmglen
Grafter

Hi James, no -  it doesn't appear to. At least when I go through the product change it certainly doesn't help. For me, it is just becoming hard to swallow when it is so limited due to the spped of the service. And at the rate BT are going, I will be in my wooden box bfore they get the exchange done! Perhaps 4G via a dongle may be a better choice for me, when that comes along.
James
Grafter

Could you drop me a PM with your username?
johnmglen
Grafter

Done!
stallan
Grafter

I was in a similar situation and for me it was the line rental costs that I could not justify. I was on the verge of leaving PN and seeking out a combined deal elsewhere, but then thought again. The phone itself hardly gets used, but the Broadband is very important to me and although I don't use these forums very often I do find them very helpful and perhaps a 'plus' point on the service PN offer. So I've kept my Broadband with PN but moved the line rental elsewhere.