cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gesture of goodwill

bikeman
Dabbler

Gesture of goodwill

Anybody else got a 'gesture of goodwill' adjustment to their bill this month?

7 REPLIES 7
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Gesture of goodwill

Checked mine and we have a discount this month. I can only assume it is because of the downtime we experienced from a line fault. 

Hambonz
Hooked

No idea why, but I also got a Gesture of Goodwill (£2.98)
Tags (2)
antirom
Hooked

Same here: Gesture of goodwill 10/07/20 (to) 10/07/20 -£1.26

But I've not contacted PlusNet about anything or had a fault that I know about.

Hambonz
Hooked

Just found an email of 15th May which explains it:

#############
We need to let you know about some changes we made to our landline and mobile call charges from 3rd December 2019. The changes are as follows:
• Our call set up fee increased by 1p from 22p to 23p a call
• The standard rate for calls to UK landlines increased from 13.5p per minute to 15p per minute
• The standard rate for calls to UK mobiles increased from 15p per minute to 18p per minute
As we’re only just telling you about these changes, we’re going to credit you to cover the increased cost of any calls made from 3rd December 2019 until 15th July 2020. After this, your call charges will be charged at the above rates. A credit will be applied onto your first bill after 15th July 2020.
We’re sorry for any inconvenience that you may have been caused.
#############
antirom
Hooked

Of course. My email is dated 5 Jun 2020 and I'd marked it to take up with PN but I was in the middle of a couple of far more pressing issues and forgot about it.

The 'Goodwill' is disingenuous - it's a refund and should have been accompanied by compensation for not notifying customers of the price rises for, in my case, over six months.

I assume this is being discussed somewhere?

Feroze

I never use my landline (no phone connected!) and I received a "Gesture of Goodwill" credit of 33 pence!
Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

@Feroze @bikeman @antirom @Hambonz @Marksfish Thank you all for this "heads-up", so I looked at my bills and found my   Plusnet Gesture of goodwill and I don't think it will change my life, or the lives of people that know me 🤔

Now what should I do with my 16p?Undecided