cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generated Invoices

StichedUp

Generated Invoices

Has anybody else been faced by a similar event?
I was notified on the 10/07 of a direct debit charge for the period 10/7 to 9/8 2018, I enquired about the BIG increase in and was told that it was due to the contract coming to an end and asked what could PLUSNET offer for a next contract and was offered £10.99 for twelve months and also I would need to pay up front the line rental. So the new contract accepted on the 10/7/18 and line rental paid and was told it would run twelve months from the same day, the contract is in fact dated 10/7/2018 on the products purchased page only shows this service and no other charges due or charged.
Now on receiving my current statement I noticed that original charge of £38.36 had not been refunded or amended, so tried to ring...minimum 30mins wait...so went online chat and was told that the £38.36 stands and is non refundable/amended as it was generated before the rental saver was renewed, I questioned him that on the day of the renewal Plusnet agreed a new contract and took my full payment of the line saver and PLUSNET would still charge me the £38.36 BECAUSE the invoice had been already generated....then he cut me OFF.
Outragious behaviour and the business practice enforced here, it is absolutely incredible to enforce payment for a service not already provided when having received FULL payment on the day of the contract renewal.
Yes.. I was DONE WELL proud....

5 REPLIES 5
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Generated Invoices

I suspect you've fallen victim to PN's ancient billing system.  Had you renewed on the 9th, you would only be paying the new amount from the 10th.  Having said that, it's possible that one of the staff on this forum might be able to do something about this.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@StichedUp

@Jonpe's right, the PN billing system is a tad archaic and changing invoices that have already been issued is impossible.

However one of two things needs to be done, and I'm sure will be when one of the forum staff gets involved.

1) if the new contract and advance rental started from the 10/7 then a refund is due of the £38.36 minus the new agreed £10.99 for the Broadband subscription.

OR

2) the new contract and advance Line actually started from the next month i.e 10/8 in which case the invoice is correct but the advance line rental and contract now covers 12 months from 10/8

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

It might be worth logging into your account and having a look at Account Details to see what start date your new contract has there.

StichedUp

Yes I did have a look at this before contacting them and the start date is 10/07018 and on the 10/7/18 I also had the confirmation of the advance payment for line rental, which states hat if one has a current active line rental then the new one will take over once it expires or the new one takes over when the line rental is due which was 10/7/18.

they did not take the payment until 5 days later so at the time all this went one there was no reason to carry forward the generated invoice as the ac was up to date.

How many of us in business would get very far if we treated customer accounts this way, forcing them to pay in advance for something they have not had and at the wrong price.

I must admit I was absolutely astounded at the treatment fro the online operator when faced with the awkward question why are you charging me for something I had already paid....cut me of as if to say tough s@?t we got your money now get on with it.

Makes you proud to be a customer!!

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @StichedUp

Thanks for getting in touch. I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have had. I have taken a look into your account and as my response contains account specific information I have created a ticket on the account which you can view here

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team