Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Billing Query

Bi9Yin
Hooked

General Billing Query

Hi all,

Been a customer with Plusnet for almost a year now and have only 1 issue.  I am never notified of a bill amount until my bank shows the payment being taken.

As a service provider, are you not supposed to provide the bill prior to payment?  I get the monthly e-mail, advusing me of my bill, but can never access it until you show your payment being received.  Minor inconvenience in what is a great overall experience with Plusnet.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Keith

18 REPLIES 18
Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: General Billing Query

If you go into Member Centre, under the heading Manage Account you will see 'View My Bill', click on that and you will see the amount payable. Hope this helps.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Bi9Yin
Hooked

Hi Pete11,

Thanks for your response.

When i go to this part of the site it shows past bills, I only have access to my bill after it is paid so I never know what is owed until its paid.

Strange as I have never had this before with other providers.

Thanks

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I receive an email a few days before the money is taken, is your email address correct in the member centre?

Bi9Yin
Hooked

Hi Browni,

Everything is up-to-date.  I get an e-mail advising me that my bill is ready, but i can never see it until it hasbeen paid.  This is my transaction page and I am due to pay in a few days.

Invoice Value Balance Invoice Date Status Description
  £46.51 £0.00 18/10/2017 Fully Paid Scheduled Payments
£46.51 £0.00 18/09/2017 Fully Paid Scheduled Payments

Browni
Aspiring Hero

This is the latest email I received.

Dear xxxxxxxxx,

Account username: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Company name: N/A

We'll soon be taking a payment of £21.49 for your service. This will leave your account on or after 01/11/2017.

Bi9Yin
Hooked

This is mines.

Dear customer,

re: username [Removed]

We hope that you are enjoying Unlimited Fibre Extra account and finding our services of
exceptional value. This is just a brief note to let you know that we will
be taking the next subscription payment for your Unlimited Fibre Extra account
on 2017-11-18.

The subscription fee for your broadband account will be reduced if you currently earn a My Referrals
discount or you have been awarded a number of days service free of charge. For more 
information on how much you currently save with My Referrals, visit
Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.
Browni
Aspiring Hero

Strange, let's hope a staff member picks this up tomorrow and can explain the difference.

Fwiw, the subject line of mine is 'Advance notice of your Direct Debit payment.'

Bi9Yin
Hooked

I see that.  Would be sufficient for me.  Yours at least shows the balance.  Hope I get a resolution too. Thanks for your assistance.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Do you pay by direct debit or by card?  I've a distant memory of the emails being different between direct debit and card, and possibly a difference between invoice and payment, but I could be mistaken.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

As a DD payer, in the early hours of the day following the end of my billing period (27th of the month) I receive an email...

Dear user name,

Account username: account-name

Company name: N/A

We'll soon be taking a payment of £3.00 for your service. This will leave

your account on or after 01/11/2017.

Direct Debit Payment Details

...Bank account name and Plusnet reference

Which is sent to the billing email address as detailed here - https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I pay by card and i Never see how much my bill is untill i pay it Sad  the Email i get does not give any amount to pay

Still wishing for a new billing system Roll_eyes

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@Bi9Yin wrote:

This is mines.

Dear customer,

re: username [Removed]

We hope that you are enjoying Unlimited Fibre Extra account and finding our services of
exceptional value. This is just a brief note to let you know that we will
be taking the next subscription payment for your Unlimited Fibre Extra account
on 2017-11-18.

The subscription fee for your broadband account will be reduced if you currently earn a My Referrals
discount or you have been awarded a number of days service free of charge. For more 
information on how much you currently save with My Referrals, visit
Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

I'm not able to see this on your account. It doesn't appear to be genuine to me.

Mind sending me a PM with a screenshot of the e-mail and also the full headers too?

I can see we're sending you an e-mail every month on your bill date with the cost of your service on it.

One example can be found here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bi9Yin
Hooked

I received an e-mail from this address today stating my payment had been taken and the amount.  Information matches payment taken.  Why am I only getting notice of the payment amount after the fact and never before?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for sending the screenshot over via private message.

We've investigated this and I can say this is not a phishing email. It's genuinely from us.

I'm sorry for any concern caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet