cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freenetname / madasafish domain

Duffski

Freenetname / madasafish domain

Hi,

I had a domain with Freenetname, that was then migrated to then madadafish, then Plusnet. I had a note in 2018 to say the domain and e-mail were becoming free of charge.

I didn’t use the domain very much but used it for e-mail forwarding and hosting a few static pages. I’ve spotted today after an e-mail bounce that the domain is no longer registered, and appears it wasn’t renewed in 2019. I’ve not had any subsequent e-mail correspondence or reminders and had assumed it renewed automatically.

I’ve tried to log in to my plusnet account to see what might have happened but can’t find where to go to log in for former freenetname customers. Is there anyone who might be able to help?

Thanks!

David
7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Freenetname / madasafish domain

Try this - https://secure.madasafish.com/myaccountdx/summary/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Duffski

Thanks @Townman - I'm in.  Against "My Domain" in Internet Extras, it's just showing "www."

The site is still hosted on the http://www.users.freenetname.co.uk/~username address.   

I've also managed to get into the webmail - and there are some Nominet e-mails saying the domain was up for renewal and to contact the registrar to get it renewed. 

I never had to do this before - it just got automatically renewed.  Any idea where I can go from here? 

I've tried to log a support ticket, but following the "click here to access online support" link on Madasafish (http://www.madasafish.com/contact/?bolLogin=1) just goes round in a loop. 

thanks,

David

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi David,

Well the good news is that you have found the front door and got it opened!

The renewal is supposed to be automatic, but there have been cases of it not happening until brought to the attention of a staff member prowling this space.

... lets see if I can snag one lurking in the shadows ... @Gandalf (not really supposed to be here but he casts powerful spells!), @willcutforth (his replacement spell caster) ... @James30 and @ClaudiaG23 are learning their craftwork!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

@Duffski I'm here! I can get this looked into but can't find a domain attached the username you have on your account! Can you just confirm what the domain is please?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Duffski

Thanks, @Townman and thanks @willcutforth !

Yes, sorry that wasn't helpful - my Freenetname username is [Removed] / domain [Removed].co.uk, client ID: [Removed]

Thanks!

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

I think that some deep is amiss here - that domain name does not exist.  It cannot be found by DNS and it is not registered with Nominet.

Duffski

Yes. It’s not something I regularly use and only noticed when an e-mail bounced last week.

Logging into the webmail yesterday confirmed what I said in the original post that the domain didn’t get renewed back in 2019. I realize that was a very long time ago to only just notice, but I didn’t know I needed to ask for it be renewed (as it had previously been automatic!). The previous renewal emails had also gone to my AOL account that’s on my customer profile, these ones only went to my freenetname webmail.

That said, I understand if there’s not a good answer here given the time elapsed!