Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freenetname / Madasafish domain: email & website are down

FIXED
beeflin
Dabbler

Freenetname / Madasafish domain: email & website are down

Hi,

Looks like PlusNet hasn't kept my Madasafish domain registered! Please fix this ASAP!

1) A few days ago my website http://www.feetproductions.co.uk stopped working (Domain not found) and I could only reach it using its masked address http://www.feetproductions.madasafish.com.

2) At the same time I found I couldn't send email to or from my feetproductions email address, steve@feetproductions.co.uk (Domain not found).

3) Next, for the last couple of days the website has been *intermittently* inaccessible even from the masked address - and I get redirected to http://ww5.madasafish.com, which immediately re-redirects to https://gsafe.getawesome6.com/wim/static/wi/main3.html?tp=iw&cid=8202&v=23&gnum=6&clickid=00251317p0... - a site which my security software warns me not to load! This seems a particularly bad symptom.

4) I am able to send and receive email to and from the masked email address feetproductions@madasafish.com. That's the only part of the domain still working.

17 REPLIES 17
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Freenetname / Madasafish domain: email & website are down

Hi @beeflin 

Your domain is active on our system, but I was unable to gain access tot he site without going through the masked address (as you say). 

I've raised this to our internal domains team (for want of a better name) and asked for some guidance. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

beeflin
Dabbler

Thank you. Looking forward to a swift resolution. Odd that these problems seem to be cropping up one domain at a time and very infrequently.
beeflin
Dabbler

I hope this will be fixed today!

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @beeflin,

I'm sorry to see that you've experienced this issue. I can see that this has been raised to our internal domains team, however we are currently waiting for a further response. I'm afraid that there is no standard response time for this particular team, however they will be in touch once they've picked up your account for review.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
beeflin
Dabbler

I'm frustrated by the lack of even an acknowledgement that the domains team have received my complaint. It has been a week of silence now and this is not acceptable. My domain was up and running within an hour when I first set it up, so this can't be rocket science. Can you please escalate this matter over the heads of the domains team with a complaint that they are not dealing with it courteously or informatively.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@beeflin, I can see this has been raised to our infrastructure engineers earlier on today. I'd expect this to be picked up within the next 24 hours although it may be within 3 working days at the latest.

Sorry that this wasn't raised to this department sooner.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
beeflin
Dabbler

Ah good! Not their fault then 🙂

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fingers crossed it's done soon

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

@beeflin, your domain has now been renewed.

Sorry again for the delay. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
beeflin
Dabbler

Help! My wife's Madasafish website is down and not receiving email, just as mine was earlier. It's sarasvati-arts.co.uk and her email login address is XXX@freenetname.co.uk

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch @beeflin.

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened.

It appears the domain linked to your wife's account has expired which is why it's no longer working.

I've raised this to the relevant team for it to be renewed and we'll get that done as soon as possible

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@MatthewWheeler wrote:

It appears the domain linked to your wife's account has expired which is why it's no longer working.

This appears to be a frequently occuring event over recent weeks.  Has it been reported (and picked up) as a systemic failure requiring a 'fix' rather than being handled as a series of 'one off's' AFTER the problem has occurred. 

Is there an IMT problem reference No.?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

beeflin
Dabbler

Yes, please make sure these legacy domains are renewed automatically in future. Mine was 6 months ago yet this is the same error, so it seems that the necessary routine is not in place.
beeflin
Dabbler

My wife's domain is back in order now. Please can you confirm that these gaps in service won't happen again?