cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free broadband for a year from PlusNet in Black Friday Sale £75 Cashback

kgmck

Re: Free broadband for a year from PlusNet in Black Friday Sale £75 Cashback

Hi all! I finally got my cashback email today. It has taken some time, and i now hope that i get the cashback in around 30 days. With any luck Plusnet will improve their service re cashback promise, which can only be good for everyone.....including plusnet.  Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thanks for getting back and letting us know the emails have come through. Sorry for the delay, please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
galacticz00
Dabbler

Over a month now since my go live and still no email.
Anthony1981

When I asked about my amazon voucher they said "there has been a delay with the 3rd party who sends them.  They will be sent via email on the 12th of January" - so, 7.40 pm on the 12th, still no email (and yes I've checked my junk folder).  What's going on plusnet?  Who are this 3rd party and how can they possibly keep failing to send a voucher by email?  I received my bill payment email before 8 am this morning, it's funny how there was no delay sending this email.  A simple Google search reveals that this has happened since 2012 - plusnet offer Amazon vouchers or cashback, and this "3rd party" have delays.  I can't help but feel I'm being taken for a mug here.  Where is it?  Is this another unexplained delay?
galacticz00
Dabbler

Another week gone and still no email, no response to my ticket, no response to the chatline promise. Words such as honesty and integrity come to mind - clearly very much lacking PN.
zapto
Grafter

Its now the 13th.... We still have no vouchers. This formed part of the contact (read the T+C's) So this is a beach of contract on the PN side... Get it sorted.
Anthony1981

I got mine today after a customer service rep said he had escelated the matter to the dedicated cashback team.  If this was as a direct result of that, then fairplay to the customer service members. 
Others also appear to be starting to get them so keep an eye on your inboxes.  Hope everyone else gets theirs.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

There was a fix for this yesterday on a much grander scale. I suspect that this will be the reason why the majority have received their vouchers.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
galacticz00
Dabbler

I wonder how long the "majority" have been waiting?  Still no email for me obviously not one of this exclusive set. I'm still waiting for a response to the ticket raised 2/12/14!!!!!!
galacticz00
Dabbler

This is what your code of practice says:
2. What we'll do and when, Our aim is to resolve any problem as quickly as possible, preferably during a phone call or email exchange with you. We'll respond within 14 days of receiving your letter, within 7 days if you raise a ticket via our 'Online Helpdesk' and if we're unable to sort out your complaint when you phone us, we'll call you back within 2 working days. We'll try to sort out your complaint on the spot, but whatever happens, we'll keep you regularly updated. If our complaint team are unable to resolve your complaint, we'll escalate this to our Complaints Manager.
This is what you say on the forum:
If you signed up directly through Plusnet the cashback process is shown below:
- When your first service (broadband or phone) goes actives this triggers an email which will be sent to you within a couple of week of this date. This email is sent to the contact email address on your account at the point you signed up.
- You must click on the link in the email within 2 months of receiving it to claim your cashback/evoucher.
- Once you've clicked the link you should recieve a confirmation screen advising your claim was successful.
- Within 30 days of clicking this link you should receive your cashback cheque/evoucher, to the name and address listed on your account

You have not complied with any of the above this is utterly disgraceful.
galacticz00
Dabbler

Don't let PN get away with this report them to OFCOM. Ofcom doesn’t investigate individual complaints. However, it does monitor the levels of complaints against companies as a way of checking whether they are acting fairly towards customers. You can tell Ofcom about your complaint by completing its online complaint form or by telephoning the enquiry line. If one particular company seems to be causing concern for consumers, they may consider investigating them. Do it now.
galacticz00
Dabbler

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm speaking with the advisor who was chasing this up for you, he'll update the ticket on your account when he has more details. Really sorry this is taking so long.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
galacticz00
Dabbler

That's what Rebecca said on the chatline 15/12/14-still waiting, that's what [mremoved] said in response to my ticket on 19/12/14, and what you said on 30/12/14 in your private message on the thinkbroadband forum was "Can you PM me your username and I'll make sure we get the email sent to you asap" I did and I'm still waiting. Forgive me if my patience is getting rather frayed.
jim:csa
galacticz00
Dabbler

I received an email advising that my ticket (4/12/14) had finally been answered and that answer was that a payment of £75 would reach my bank account in the next 4-5 days.  Today my account was credited with £25, not the promised £75!!!!!!!  Presumably this is to stop me going to the small claims court.  Has anyone else been on the receiving end of this tactic?