cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free broadband for a year from PlusNet in Black Friday Sale £75 Cashback

galacticz00
Dabbler

Free broadband for a year from PlusNet in Black Friday Sale £75 Cashback

Has anybody signed up for the above deal.  I did and the service went live on 4/12/14.  I was told that I would get an email within 10 days with details of how to get the £75 cashback this hasn't happened so is this a con?  Despite phoning customer services, using the chat online facility, and the submitting a question, plusnet has been unable to tell me when I will get an email and have just told me to keep checking my email. I just wondered if anyone has been successful.
38 REPLIES 38
legalfreak
Dabbler

Re: Free broadband for a year from PlusNet in Black Friday Sale £75 Cashback

Hi,
I joined up before Black Friday. In my case, I did click on the email (luckily I saved it) and still haven't received my cheque.
legalfreak
galacticz00
Dabbler

20 days now passed and still no email which was promised within 10 days of go live.  I have raised tickets, spoken to customer services on 3 occasions and used the chat line, I have got nowhere.  This is not how I imagined award winning customer services to be.  Lots more more people on the forum struggling to get their cashback from a variety of deals over the last couple of months.  Does anyone know how this can be escalated?  I have asked that question of customer services but get no answer- they just raise a query with another department or another person and it is obviously a delaying tactic.  Is this something for trading standards?
peteholland

I went live on 12 December and still no link ! Have been con like tyou and many others
unhappy customer  Angry
mikeatrest

I'm also waiting for my reward!  BB swapped at the start of Dec and phone yesterday (24th).  Maybe the 10 days countdown starts when last piece is in place ... we'll see.
galacticz00
Dabbler

Well still no joy and certainly no email or any response from customer services.  I contacted the chat line yesterday they promised to look into it promised to get back to me but no response 24 hours later.  I also posted on the forum at thinkbroadband and was asked to PM a plusnet rep but again no response.  This one is going to run and run I think, the only measure of comfort is that people are eventually getting cheques although months later than promised.
AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi Everyone.
I'm sorry to hear of all the cashback issues you've all experienced and that this thread hasn't been picked up until now.

@galacticz00 - I can see the ticket raised on the account which is currently with a certain advisor. I've emailed him (as he's out of office) and forwarded the matter to marketing to chase this up for you. I imagine it will be next week before a response is received due to the bank holiday tomorrow and the weekend following it.
@legalfreak - your cashback should be with you shortly. If you've not received this within the next week, please let me know and I'll track it down for you.
@peteholland - I see that our very own Chris has a personal on this matter for you and is chasing this.
@mikeatrest - Your email should be with you by 03/01/2015. Again, if you don't receive it by then, please let me know.
Thanks for your patience guys. I know it's really frustrating.
Happy New Year!
Alex
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
kgmck

Hi, i also signed up to the cashback deal, online. I was told i would receive the cashback within 10 days of activation. i have contacted plusnet online, by phone etc, and they offer no reason except to say it should be sorted soon. NOT HAPPY AT MOVING TO PLUSNET!
bk66

I'm in same boat.
I understand how cashback works, they offer it in big letters but make you jump through hoops to get it so lots of people don't bother and so they don't have to pay it. Otherwise they would have just applied the discount at the point of sale. Remember we're dealing with simple software talking to databases, it cannot go wrong unless deliberate.
So I'm currently waiting 5 days for a response to my request to send (not re-send as they pretend) the email that I must click.
I know this will breach,
so I'll follow up a few times, then they will respond saying your email will be sent within 10 days,
that will also breach,
eventually after a few more tries I will get the mythical clickable email, which I will click and I will be told your cashback will be with you within 30 days.
This won't arrive,
so I will raise another support que, to which someone will respond within 5 days,
which will breach,
so I'll follow up again a few times
eventually I will be told the cheque has been sent
it won't arrive
So I'll file another support que which will be answered within 5 days
this will breach
so I'll follow up again
eventually after probably 20+ support ques, 5+ hours and about 6 months real time, a cheque WILL arrive in the post
It will probably be OK but it may bounce or have incorrect details on it, so it's back to the support ques.
Some accountant has worked out this should save 80%+ of the cashbacks needing to be paid as people tire and give up. It will however waste an inordinate amount of customer time, plusnet support time, ensure people warn others against using Plusnet, leave as soon as contract expires which makes you wonder ARE they saving or losing from the process? The idea of a deal and cashback should be to entice a customer in and help spread the good word, it makes no sense to then give bad service that ends up creating negators that will only cause bad publicity.
Normally I would just contact trading standards long before it got to this stage but I'm intrigued to do the dance and see who tires first  Wink
Anthony1981

I signed up during a black friday deal, which is supposed to come with a £75 Amazon voucher via email, not cashback.  The faq section says I will recieve an email within 10 days of my account going active.  I was expecting to be able to use it as the bulk of the price of a new tablet in the sales, but now I am starting to become concerned.  My phone line went active on December 12th, and my Broadband went active on December 19th (2 weeks ago), when can I expect to recieve the e-mail?
galacticz00
Dabbler

Perhaps if we all reported to trading standards and published this in the switching services and broadband websites +net would actually do something.  I for one have better things to do with my time than continually chase them but I'm certainly not giving and letting them cheat me out of my cashback.
tooslow
Grafter

Quote from: galacticz00
Perhaps if we all reported to trading standards and published this in the switching services and broadband websites +net would actually do something.  I for one have better things to do with my time than continually chase them but I'm certainly not giving and letting them cheat me out of my cashback.

I went live on 7th December, after a delayed ticket reply from CS on 24th, I was told that my email would arrive today. It hasn't!
CS response today was I would receive it eventually!!!!! Not good! Something is going on here. This ain't right. The product was heavily sold on the basis of a £70 cashback.
Why are PN stalling now with payments?Huh
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
Unfortunately as per my colleagues post over in this thread there has been a slight delay, we'll be getting the emails and cashback out asap.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Lock and point here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135102.0.html ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anthony1981

I sent my query above as a question to plusnet, and I'm pleased to say they emailed me back with an exact date when I will receive the email for my £75 Amazon voucher - January 12th - one week today.  I am ok with that if it turns up.  I sincerely hope these evouchers don't get delayed again.