cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent Overcharging

durkar29

Fraudulent Overcharging

For the third time in a row, when there has been a price rise, Plusnet has fraudulently overcharged me. And whenever I speak to Customer Services I am told it is because the particular month in question is charged pro rata. Well, I have news for you Plusnet, a pro rata payment cannot possibly be more than what the new monthly charge is, can it. 

Friday 10th September 2021

At 10:20 I phoned Plusnet Customer Services regarding the overcharging for July. After the lady had entered my account details I cut straight to the chase and told the lady that I was not happy that Plusnet persistently overcharged me every time that there was a price increase. I explained why I believed that I had been overcharged, and as usual she said it was because the month of July had been charged pro rata. I said that I wanted to know who was in charge of Plusnet, she said that she would transfer me to someone in another department who could try and find a cheaper deal for me. (Yes, she really did say that). So I reiterated that I wanted to know the name of the person who is in charge of Plusnet. I got the impression that she had to look the name up in a book. I also asked her for his email address, she didn’t know this and said that she would have to transfer me to her manager. This she did. Her manager then came on the line. I asked her who was in charge of Plusnet. The befuddled buffoon seemed to struggle with this question. I asked again, who is the CEO of Plusnet, again she didn’t quite seem to grasp what was being asked of her. For a third time I asked who is the Chief Executive Officer of Plusnet. She then told me that the CEO was Marc Allera. I asked her for his email address, she then wanted to know if I had an account with Plusnet. I said yes. She then told me that she would have to speak to her manager. She put me on hold. A few moments later she came back on the line and said that her manager was in a meeting but if I gave her my account details he would send me an email with the requested information after he had left the meeting. I hung up. 

So if anyone would like to share Marc Allera’s email address I would be very grateful. 

5 REPLIES 5
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Fraudulent Overcharging

Good afternoon @durkar29

First thing's first, there's absolutely no need to start insulting anyone on this forum, whether that's other members, or members of staff that you've spoken to. We're here to help resolve your queries.

I've just tried to call you on both your mobile number and landline and have not been able to go through. Without going into specific numbers in the public domain, I've had a look into your previous bills and can confirm categorically that you have not been overcharged.

The agent you spoke to is correct, in that last month's bill was slightly higher, as this was a pro rata bill. Our price increase took effect in June, however this was not applied onto your bill that month, so was added onto August's bill.

September's bill is correct, and will remain the price of your bill until the next CPI increase.

You are on a Broadband only product though, and are out of contract, so there are ways that we can reduce your bill. Bare in mind though that we'd have to take over the phone line as well. In my opinion though, that's better than paying full price for broadband with us, and your line rental separately through another provider.

If you'd like to give me a nudge on here when you're free for a call, I'll be more than happy to, I'm around until 20:00 today. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
durkar29

Adam945,

On two separate occasions Plusnet has agreed with me that the pro rata charge was incorrect; that I had been overcharged, and on both of those occasions I was given a refund. Therefore it is only natural to be rather annoyed, is it not, when the same situation arises for a third time in succession. 

On 20th December 2019 I was charged £21.62. Please explain how you arrived at that figure. 

On 20th October 2020 I was charged £20.93. Please explain how you arrived at that figure. 

On 20th July 2021 I was charged £22.40. Please explain how you arrived at that figure. 

Not one single person that I have spoken to at Plusnet has been able to explain to me how the above pro rata charges were calculated. All I was told was that they were pro rata. A simple blanket statement that is absolutely meaningless as it doesn’t explain how the figure was actually calculated. Am I really asking too much to be told how the charge is actually worked out. 

With that in mind, if the above pro rata payments are correct then why was I issued with a refund for the December 2019 payment. Likewise, why was I issued with a refund for the October 2020 payment. And, as a matter of fact, the person that issued me with the October 2020 refund actually told me that there was a known problem with the Plusnet billing system that the engineers were working on to try and fix. Why would I be told that if the charges are correct.

A serious question: why did I receive two refunds if the charges that I was questioning were actually correct? The people that issued these refunds agreed with me that I had been overcharged. 

Quite frankly my whole experience with Plusnet has been a debacle from day one. Maybe after reading what is written below you will understand my utter disdain for Plusnet Customer Services. 

Two months into a twelve month FIXED PRICE contract you increased my monthly payments by £1. The girl that I spoke to on the phone said “we sent you an email to say that there would be a price increase”. My response was “you sent me an email that clearly states that I am on a fixed price contract for twelve months”. She transferred me to someone else. The guy that I spoke to on the phone said that he would credit me £10 to compensate. I told him that he would credit me with the £1 that I had been overcharged and that for the remainder of the contract I would be charged the correct amount. He said that he didn’t know how to do that. He transferred me to someone else whose response was “what has he transferred you to me for”. 

And then there was the utter shambolic farce of actually trying to get my account activated. It took two separate attempts spread over an eight month period. 

When I first signed up to Plusnet the activation date came and went but nothing happened. After three weeks of lies and excuses Plusnet actually admitted that they couldn’t activate my account as there were no connections available in the roadside cabinet. But as I said Plusnet only admitted this after three weeks of lies and excuses. 

Then there was my second attempt at signing up to Plusnet. The day before the activation date that I was given by Plusnet my broadband went dead. It was a Friday and as I was away for the weekend I wasn’t really bothered. On the Monday morning I phoned Plusnet customer services and the guy that I spoke to said he would call me back. He never did. Using the free wi-fi in a local cafe I sent an email to the then CEO of Plusnet, Andy Baker. I received a voice mail from a woman who did not tell me her name in the voice mail, did not give me a contact number to call her back on, and the missed call on my phone came up as number withheld. In the voice mail she said that she had sent me an email and could I please respond to it. No I couldn’t, you haven’t activated my broadband. And I can’t call you back as you haven’t told me your name or phone number. 

And you wonder why I am slightly irked by the absolutely terrible customer service that Plusnet offers its customers. 

So I would like Marc Allera’s email address please. 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks a lot for your detailed response @durkar29 and for letting me know about further issues that you had with your bills.

"On 20th December 2019 I was charged £21.62. Please explain how you arrived at that figure"

Though I'd be moire than happy to have a look into this for you, we unfortunately do not hold bills that are older than 15 months in line with our Data Retention Policy.

"On 20th October 2020 I was charged £20.93. Please explain how you arrived at that figure"

When you're billed for services with us, you pay one month in advance - a bill produced in January bills from that day in January into February etc. On 20th October 2020 you were charged the new price of £20.80 for your services for the month ahead.

On your bill from 20th September 2020 you paid the previous rate before our price rise from 7th October 2020 to 19th October 2020. The price rise occurred on 7th October 2020, so this was corrected on the bill from 20th October.

This means that on top of the £20.80 for your services in the month ahead, you were charged the 13 pence difference between the old rate and the new rate from October 7th-19th 2020.

£20.80, plus the 13 pence difference from the previous bill, charged pro-rata, is the reason the bill was £20.93.

"On 20th July 2021 I was charged £22.40. Please explain how you arrived at that figure"

The exact same thing happened here as it did in my answer to your second question.

The truth of the matter is that the bills themselves were in fact correct. On our part though, agents clearly did not show enough vigilance and attention as to exactly what went on, and instead refunded the entire bill on both occasions.

Again though, I would like to profoundly apologise for the questions that I'm not able to answer. This is simply due to the fact that we no longer have the data that I'd need to take a look. Same again with the information as to why it was difficult to get your services activated in the first place. I'd also like to apologise for the clear lapses is good customer service that you've also mentioned. I have tried to give you a call on two occasions now, but have not been able to get through.

I won't be handing out any email addresses today @durkar29, though there is an open complaint in my personal workflow which I do wish to discuss and resolve with you going forward. It's worth noting though, that with the most recent bills being correct, a financial gesture of goodwill would not be appropriate here.

Adam
durkar29

adam945

A little bit of light reading for you. 

There are Lies, Damned Lies and Plusnet

The saga starts in August 2017

The Prologue

Surely, I thought, Plusnet cannot possibly be as bad as all the negative publicity that they receive, can they? No, they are MUCH worse than that.

At 19:10 on Tuesday 29th August 2017 I asked Plusnet for a full refund. The next day Wednesday 30th August 2017 my credit card was reimbursed by the full amount. Now if only Plusnet could activate their services as quickly, that would be truly “Award Winning”.

The Summary

Sunday 6th August 2017 – Placed an order for Unlimited Fibre broadband on the Plusnet website. Was given an activation date of Monday 21st August 2017.

Monday 7th August 2017 – Received a text message from Plusnet with an activation date of before midnight on Wednesday 23rd August 2017. No explanation given for the new date.

Friday 25th August 2017 – Service still not activated. Called Plusnet’s “Award Winning” customer services. Call held in a fifteen minute queue, but was told by the automated voice that I could also contact them via their “on-line chat service”. The “award winning” on-line chat service was unavailable.

Sent a forthright e-mail to Plusnet CEO Andy Baker.

The Forthright e-mail to Andy Baker – “Unlimited Fibre Service”

Dear Andy,

I thought that I would write to you to let you know about my recent experience with Plusnet. As a company that is based in Yorkshire, because of the friendly home page of your website, and because of all the awards that you have won, I decided to order your Unlimited Fibre service. If only your customer-services lived up to all the hyperbole on your website then you would probably offer a half decent service. Unfortunately my experience is the complete opposite. When I ordered the service via your website on Sunday 6th August 2017 I was given an activation date of Monday 21st August 2017, the following day I received a text message from Plusnet stating that my broadband service was now due to be activated by midnight Wednesday 23rd August 2017, with no explanation or reason as to why the activation date had been put back by two days. 

Well, midnight has been and gone, and now at the time of writing this e-mail, 12:30 on Friday 25th August 2017, my Plusnet broadband service has still not been activated. I called your “award winning” customer services centre, and after spending 5 minutes going through the “press 3 for option 1” rigmarole I was told my call had been placed in a queue, and that there was a 15 minutes waiting time for the call to answered. So I thought I would use your “on-line chat”. I can’t, it’s currently unavailable. This doesn’t really reflect well on the award winning customer service that you brag about on your website, TV adverts and media releases, does it.

If you are totally incapable of honouring the activation dates that you give to your customers when they place their orders with you, then why not be honest about this in the first place and give a more realistic date. Oh, and please don’t tell me that the delay is due to my previous ISP not releasing the line. I have a letter of conformation from my previous ISP that my contract with them would end on the Monday 21st August 2017. So any delays are solely down to you.

So to conclude I want you to give me a guaranteed activation date and time in writing. Also I would like a full written explanation as to why it takes your company so long to fulfil its contractual obligations. Finally I would like you to tell me what my billing dates will be, bearing in mind that I have already paid you for the first months service upfront.

I look forward to receiving your timely response.

Regards,

Name Redacted.

At 17:10 I received a phone call from Faisal Jahangir, the case officer handling my compliant. He guaranteed that my Unlimited Fibre service would be activated by Friday 1st September 2017, and that he would call me back on Tuesday 29th August 2017 to confirm this.

The First Phone Call

At 17:10 on Friday 25th August 2017 a gentleman called Faisal Jahangir called me to say that he was the Case Officer handling my complaint. He explained to me why my broadband had not been activated, but he was using technical terms that I didn’t really understand. I think what he was saying was that when I placed the order the system automatically triggers a request for an engineer, but for some reason this had not happened. I say this because he later said that he needed to manually book an engineer to go to the cabinet. He also told me that my broadband should actually have been activated on Tuesday 22nd August 2017. Anyway he said that my broadband would be activated next week, Friday at the latest (1st September), or as early as Wednesday. He also said that he wanted to maintain the “award winning” reputation of Plusnet and would therefore compensate me for the delay. He didn’t say how I would be compensated and I didn’t ask him as I didn’t want to sound mercenary.

He said that he would phone me again on Tuesday (29th August) afternoon to confirm the activation date.

Tuesday 29th August 2017 – At 19:10 Faisal Jahangir called me to say that the earliest that my Unlimited Fibre service could be activated would be Monday 4th September 2017; this was due to a fault in the roadside cabinet. I asked for a full refund.

The Second Phone Call

At 19:10 on Tuesday 29th August 2017 Faisal Jahangir called me to say that due to technical issues with the BT cabinet at the end of my street they wouldn’t be able to connect the fibre optic cables until Friday 1st September 2017, and therefore they could not activate my account until Monday 4th September 2017. I told him that that was ridiculous and that I wanted a full refund, which he agreed to.

A few minutes later I received an e-mail from Faisal Jahangir outlining the telephone conversation, but in the e-mail Faisal Jahangir states that the delay is due to an “open fault” at the exchange, which totally contradicts what he told me over the phone five minutes earlier.

At 19:16 received an e-mail from Faisal Jahangir confirming the refund and cancelation. But this e-mail contradicted what he had just told me over the phone. He was now saying that the fault was at the exchange.

The Faisal Jahangir e-mail

Dear Mr Name Redacted,

Thank you for your time on the phone today.

As discussed there is a open fault at the exchange which has delayed your fibre order completing and the estimated time in getting this connected for you is 04/09/17. You have advised me you are not happy waiting for this and would like to cancel your account and refund your initial payment.

I can confirm I have cancelled your account and refunded £67.49 and please allow 3-5 working days for this refund to appear back on your card.

Please accept my apologies for the delays and inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Faisal Jahangir

Wednesday 30th August 2017 – Sent a scathing e-mail to Plusnet CEO Andy Baker.

The Scathing e-mail to Andy Baker – “It’s Broadband not Brain Surgery”

Sir,

As you are the CEO of Plusnet I hold you personally responsible for the failings of your company.

I am absolutely staggered by the utter contempt that you seem to have for your customers. How the hell you have the audacity to claim to be an “award winning” company offering “award winning” services just beggar’s belief. I ordered fibre broadband from you on the 6th August 2017 and I have now been told that the earliest that I will be connected to this service is Monday 4th September 2017. This is the fourth activation date that I have been given. That is outrageous. Please explain what is award winning about that? And as for the excuses that you keep coming up with for the failed activation, well, to be absolutely honest with you, I’ve heard more believable fairy-stories on Jackanory. Quite frankly Pinocchio pales into insignificance at the side of you.

On Friday 25th August 2017 Faisal Jahangir told me over the phone that the delay to my service being activated was because the automatic booking of an engineer had failed (or something along those lines). On Tuesday 29th August 2017 he told me over the phone that delay was due to a fault with the cabinet at the end of my street, and yet in the e-mail that he sent me a few minutes later he states that the problem was an open fault at the exchange. I don’t believe a single word that you are telling me.

So yes, I asked for a full refund as I am not wasting my time doing business with your utterly inept and incompetent company.

Regards,

Name Redacted.

Thursday 7th September 2017 – Received a text message saying that they can’t connect my broadband as there are no connections available in the cabinet.

Thursday 7th September 2017. At 09:40 received the following text message from Plusnet.

PLUSNET – Thank you for your interest in Plusnet Fibre. 

Important news about your fibre order.

Whilst we’ve been processing your order for fibre broadband we’ve discovered that although you live in a fibre enabled area, there are no spare connections available in your cabinet yet.

Please contact us as soon as possible.

Now we move forward eight months to April 2018 

Having got totally fed up of the irritatingly slow speed of my current broadband I decided to switch once again to Plusnet’s Fibre Broadband with a speed of about 38mbps. 

Wednesday 4th April 2018

On Wednesday 4th April 2018 I placed an order for Plusnet’s Fibre Broadband via their website at at the time of placing the order I was given an activation date of Wednesday 18th April 2018. 

Thursday 5th April 2018

On Thursday 5th April 2018 at 09:02 I received at the following text message from Plusnet: 

Your broadband service is due to become active by midnight 21/04/2018. Please don’t set up your router until we confirm your service is active. Again no explanation as to way the activation date has been put back by three days. 

Tuesday 17th April 2018

At 12:10 I received the following text massage from Plusnet:

Your router is in the post, it will arrive in the next few days. We’ll text you again when your broadband is ready, please don’t set up your router until then. 

Wednesday 18th April 2018

The postman delivered the router. 

Friday 20th April 2018

At about 11:00 on the morning of Friday 20th April 2018 my broadband stopped working. 

Saturday 21st April 2018

Checked mobile phone several times during the course of the day, no text messages from Plusnet. 

Sunday 22nd April

I have still not received any text messages from Plusnet and I am still unable to access the internet so I decided to connect the Plusnet router to the phone line to see if the service had been switched. I was unable to connect to the internet. So I disconnect the router and dumped it in a corner of the room. 

Monday 23rd April 2018

At 10:10 I called Plusnet on 0800 432 0200. After several minutes of going through the “press 3 for option 1” rigmarole I eventually got to speak to a guy called Dave. I asked him why my broadband had not been activated. He said he thought he knew what the problem was, but that I needed to reconnect the router and power it up so that he could run some diagnostic test. I told Dave that to reconnect the router I would have to end the phone call because I had also moved the filter from the wall socket. He said that he would call me back in FIVE MINUTES. That was at 10:25 in the morning. No one at Plusnet has called me back. 

At 13:00 I was still unable to connect to the internet, and I had not received any phone calls from Plusnet so I disconnect the router again and dumped it in the cupboard under the stairs. 

Tuesday 24th April 2018

I sent the following scathing e-mail to Andy Baker CEO of Plusnet. Not having a working broadband service at home I had to go into Location Redacted city centre and use the “Free Wi-Fi” offered by a café to its paying customers. 

Sir,

The inept incompetence of your company is incredible. On two separate occasions you have failed to provide a working broadband service on my phone line, the first time was in August 2017 and then again now in April 2018. 

On the 4th April 2018 I decided to give you another go, after all you can’t get it so badly wrong twice in a row can you. Can you?

I placed the order for Fibre Broadband via your website and was given an activation date of Wednesday 18th April 2018. The very next day I received a text message from Plusnet stating that the service would now be activated before midnight on Saturday 21st April 2018. Well midnight has been and gone and guess what NO SERVICE. Why does that not surprise me. 

On Sunday 22nd April 2018 I connected the router to the phone line in the hope that there might be some form of activity, but alas no internet. So I disconnected the router. 

On Monday 23rd April 2018 at 10:10 I phoned your customer services call centre and after the usual rigmarole of going through press 3 for option 1 at 10:20 I was eventually connected to a guy called Dave. I asked Dave why my broadband had not been activated, he said he thought he new what the problem was but that I needed to reconnect the router to the phone line. As I had told him that it was not connected he said that he would call me back in FIVE MINUTES to give me chance to connect it. That was at 10:25 on the morning of Monday 23rd April 2018. At the time of writing this e-mail, 14:30 on Tuesday 24th April 2018, I have still not received any communication from Dave or anyone else at Plusnet. 

The fact that you are totally incapable of honouring the activation date given at the time I placed the order on your website is bad enough, but then to fail to activate the service on the revised date of YOUR OWN CHOOSING is utterly disgusting. 

I expect a full written apology from yourself. I also expect the £50 activation fee to be reimbursed in full.

So to summarise:

1. You failed to provide an active, usable broadband service on the date that you stated. 
  2. You failed to notify me that the service had been activated as you said you would in the text messages you sent on 5-Apr-18 and 17-Apr-18. 
  3. Your customer service staff failed to call me back within five minutes as they said they would. In fact they NEVER called me back. 
  4. I have had no internet service since 11:00 Friday 20th April 2018. 

Regards,

Name Redacted. 

After sending the e-mail I went back home and waited. Nothing happened. 

Later on Tuesday evening I noticed there was a missed call on my mobile phone (number withheld) and also a new voicemail. I listened. 

This is a message for Name Redacted. My name is (inaudible) I am calling regarding the compliant you have sent to Andy Baker. I have sent you an e-mail with a few points I would like to discuss with you. If you could reply asap. 

I cannot reply to the e-mail because I don’t have a working broadband service. 

Thursday 26th April 2018

I sent the following e-mail to Andy Baker. Again this was sent from the same café in Location Redacted city centre as the previous e-mail that I had sent him. 

Andrew,

Are you taking the [-Censored-] or what!!!

I CANNOT ACCESS THE INTERNET AT HOME - which bit of that do you and your staff not understand.

At 17:50 on Tuesday 24th April 2018 I received a voicemail message from a befuddled buffoon asking me to reply to the e-mail that she had sent me. I can’t for several reasons.

1. I can’t return her call as her number was withheld. 
  2. She didn’t leave a contact number in the voicemail message. 
  3. I don’t know her name as she only said her first name which was inaudible due to the loud background noises. 
  4. I can’t reply to her e-mail as I don’t have a working broadband service. And because I don’t have a working broadband service I am unable to connect to the internet. And because I am unable to connect to the internet I am unable to access my e-mails. Because I am unable to access my e-mails I am also unable to read my e-mails. And because I am unable to read my e-mails I am unable to reply to my e-mails. 

If the befuddled buffoon had actually read the e-mail that I had sent to you then she would have know that I have had no internet access since 11:00 on Friday 20th April 2018. She would also have known that at the bottom of the e-mail I had listed my LANDLINE telephone number. If she had had the foresight to ring that number instead of, or as well as, my mobile number then perhaps we might have reached a resolution on Tuesday evening. 

Instead, due to the inept incompetent imbeciles that work for Plusnet I have now gone a whole week without internet access. I hope you don’t think I will be paying you for this diabolical service. 

Oh, and by the way, just for the record, regarding the e-mail that I sent to you on Tuesday. I had go out of my way to send it. I had to go into Location Redacted city centre and order a coffee in a café that had “Free Wi-Fi” for its customers. After I had sent the e-mail I came straight back home waiting for a call that never happened. 

Likewise this e-mail has been sent from the same café. So I reckon you own me expenses for the petrol, parking and coffees that I had to purchase. 

Surely the priority is to get my broadband up and running. Talk to me. Tell me what you need me to do, but don’t send me e-mails that I can’t expletiving read. 

All you need to do is get someone in your “Technical” department to phone me at home, ask me to connect the router to the phone line and then power it up. Then they can run some diagnostic tests at their end and flick a few switches, and then ask me if I can connect to the internet.

I cannot believe how dense the staff at Plusnet are. All I want is a broadband service that actually works, is that really too much to ask for?

Regards,

Name Redacted.

I also sent the following e-mail to ???? (The Befuddled Buffoon)

Madam,

Which part of I DO NOT HAVE INTERNET ACCESS AT HOME do you NOT understand.

Your number one priority is to get my broadband service working. Then and ONLY then will I be able to respond to your e-mail, because I am not conducting private business in a public café full of strangers. 

Please do NOT send me another e-mail until you get my broadband service working as I will not be able to read it at home until you manage to get my broadband service to work. 

Regards,

Name Redacted.

At 16:20 a guy called Jack phoned me and sorted everything out. 

Tuesday 26th June 2018

When I checked my bank account I noticed that Plusnet had over charged me by £1. 

Wednesday 4th July 2018

At 10:20 I phoned Plusnet to ask why I had been overcharged. After going through the usual rigmarole of “press three for option one” I got to speak to a lad (I think his name was Josh). So after going through all the security checks of User Name, 97th and 473rd characters of your password, your post code, landline number, last three digits of your bank account and and the last two digits of  your sort code, he finally asked me what the problem was. 

“Why have I been over charged,” I enquired. 

“Let me look into that,” he said. “You paid £17.49 the previous month and £18.49 this month.”

“Yes, this month should also have been £17.49.”

“There was a price rise in June and you should have got an e-mail notifying you of the £1 increase.” He said. 

“No no no no no,” I responded, “on the fourth of April you sent me an e-mail stating that I was exempt from the price rise.”

“I just need to put you on hold while I check this out.”

“OK.”

A couple of minutes later he came back on the line. “What I can do is credit you £10 to cover the overcharge and the remaining payments of the contract.”

“Eh!! What!! Say that again please.”

“I can credit you with £10, this is to reimburse you for last months overcharge and for the £1  monthly overcharge for the remains months of the contract.”

“No. I want the £1 that you have overcharged me refunding, and I want to pay the correct amount of £17.49 per month for the remainder of the contract.”

“I can’t do that,” he said. 

“Well thats not my problem.”

So after wasting twenty minutes of my life talking to a befuddled buffoon in your Customer Services department I was put on hold again. Then a few minutes later a lad called Jack came on the line. 

“How can I help,” said Jack. 

“I was talking to someone else and they put me on hold.”

“OK, what is the problem.”

“I’ve been overcharged.”

“Oh, what’s he transferred you to me for then?” asked Jack in a rather perplexed manner. 

“How the bloody hell should I know!!!” I exclaimed. 

I then had to go through the proof of identity rigmarole again. Fifty-third and one hundred and seventh characters of my password, phone numbers and bank details. 

Having explained to Jack that I had been overcharged and that Plusnet had sent me an e-mail stating that I was exempt from the price increase, Jack said that he had added a credit to my account so that I would only be charged £17.49 for the remainder of the contract and that he had refunded the £1 that I had been overcharged. 

Wednesday 25th July 2018

Refund received. 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks a lot for your details response @durkar29

As per my previous post, due to our Data Retention Policy, I'm not able to see any information on the account over 15 months ago. Though based on the information that I can see, it appears that all of your queries that have been raised, have also been resolved.

Saying that, I'd like to apologise for the retrospective issues that you've outlined above, our Team remains on hand to offer further support going forward.

Although, given the fact that you've decided to insult members of staff again in your previous post, I myself will not be responding to any further comments made on here. I've also escalated the open complaint on the account to yourself, meaning that the onus would be on you to reach out if you have any further queries at all. Bare in mind, the complaint will close automatically if not responded to in 14 days.

I believe I've addressed your queries regarding the three previous bills that you think you were overcharged on.

Adam