cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Anthony Vollmer

Ccooper2

For Anthony Vollmer

Will Anthony Vollmer please contact me iro query ref. 33233021 which is never resolved which results in PlusNet taking illegally taking funds from my account.
I am fed up with receiving email such as this: Hi,
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we don't pick up any emails sent to this address. That's because emails can easily be lost, misdirected or even deleted and we think it's better if this doesn't happen.
Depending on your enquiry you may find your answer conveniently online - either from My Account (http://my.plus.net) or from our support pages. These have lots of easy to follow guides to help you with all your broadband and Internet questions (http://support.plus.net).
If you're a Plusnet customer you can contact us online through the Help Assistant (http://help.plus.net). We prefer electronic 'tickets' to emails, this means that you can always see what updates have been made and check back over previous tickets too.
If you do prefer to contact us by phone you can call our support line on 0845 140 0200. We're open 24 hours a day, every day.
If you're a new customer, and want to know more about Plusnet, you can send us a message from our website (use the sales link at the foot of the page) or call our Sales Team on 0845 140 0200.
> Dear Sally,
>
> Thank you for your response.
>
> Please note the instruction: "if payment goes through, please put on =
> hold
> for next invoice date" must not happen.
>
> I was told by [mremoved] that the direct debit instruction for this month had =
> been
> cancelled, I was told by [mremoved] this morning that it is still live.
>
> Payment has been made for this invoice, if payment is taken from my =
> account
> this is illegal as you have been told, therefore payment should be =
> refunded
> immediately.
>
> I am fed up with this as it has been ongoing since May when [mremoved]
> assured me that the overpayment would be allocated against the next =
> three
> invoices and the next payment you would take from my account would be in
> November.  Every month the funds get taken from my account and I get =
> told it
> will be put on hold for next invoice date, and every month the same =
> thing
> occurs.  I have spent about 3 hours altogether trying to get this sorted
> out.
>
> If the payment is taken from my account and not refunded I am going to =
> take
> the following action:
>
> 1. Raise an invoice for 3 hours of my time @ my normal charging rate of
> =A375 per hour plus VAT, which if not paid within ten days I will start
> proceedings through the Small Claims Court.
> 2. Claim the refund against the direct debit guarantee scheme
> 3. Report PlusNet to the VAT authorities for incorrect VAT accounting
> as the August invoice offset the payment as a credit, which means the
> company has not accounted for VAT.
> 4. Write to Anthony Vollmer, who is the CEO, enclosing copies of all my
> file notes and email and advising him of my above actions.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Anne White FCCA
in response to my email which said:
jim:csa
18 REPLIES 18
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: For Anthony Vollmer

Hi there,
I'm afraid that Anthony is no longer at Plusnet.
The email reply you've quoted is an autoresponder which is designed to give you advice on the best way to contact us to receive support.
Due to the length of your issue I've asked one of my team to take some ownership and try and get to the bottom of what's happening for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Hi Ccooper2
Unfortunately you won't be getting a call from Anthony Vollmer he left a couple of months ago. The new CEO is Jamie Ford.
More info here http://community.plus.net/blog/2010/08/19/a-fond-farewell-and-a-warm-welcome/
I am sure one of the digital care team will be along shortly to help you - they are very good Smiley
Chris must have posted at same time i was typing Smiley
Kind Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I am sure one of the digital care team will be along shortly to help you - they are very good

Thanks for the approval Mike. Adam's on the case and will be figuring out what's happened.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

More than welcome Chris Smiley
adie:quote

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Ccooper2,
As per our discussion on the phone the issue seems to have occurred due to a direct debit remaining active whilst subscription payments were being made by cheque. These payments have now been refunded and should reach you within the next 10 working days.
Please accept our apologies for any poor handling of this query, I'm confident that the change to more appropriate business account types will ensure that the support we can offer going forward will be more appropriate to your needs. Also, please note that we have a business users forum:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/board,37.0.html
As mentioned on the call if the refunds do not reach you by the 10th of November then by all means send me a personal message and I'll look into this again for you.
Thanks again for your time and patience today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Ccooper2

Thanks guys, I am truly amazed at the very quick response after posting to the forum.
Adam, I will wait until the 10th November by which time hopefully the refunds will have been issued and the matter closed.
Thanks again
Ccooper2

Oh yes, and in addition, it might be a good idea to tell your staff exactly who is the CEO of PN.  Anthony Vollmer's name was given to me this morning after the member of the Customer Services team had to leave me on hold in order to find out.
In my experience (and the experience is vast, I can assure you) the most successful companies with motivated and helpful and happy staff are those where the CEO actually gets round to meeting the staff and seeming interest in those they meet.  I know it is difficult when there are large numbers of staff, but even I, as an outside consultant can quite often know my clients' staff better than the top guys.  They always look amazed, but it isn't difficult, just good records and interest in your fellow beings will do the trick.
Advice from an old hag - Cheers
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Ccooper2,
Thanks, I hope its plain sailing from here for you. The agent you spoke to has been given feedback, it's not a widespread problem but we will be making sure that awareness is spread about the recent change of CEO.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
littlebird
Dabbler

Another customer with lots of issues with Plusnet. I am not alone I see. Everything this pathetic excuse for a company advises customers is wrong, They have the worst terms and conditions of any company in the UK and hide behind a postal address if you want to make a complaint. I hope you get your issue with them resolved.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

littlebird,
Apart from us waiting for funds owed to reach this customer the issue has been resolved. With regards to complaints we do encourage letters to be sent as this helps keep things accountable and makes sure we can review your complaint in detail before doing what we can to resolve it.
Another customer with lots of issues with Plusnet. I am not alone I see

I've searched these forums and can't see anything posted by yourself about any issues you may be having. let me know what's upsetting you and I'm more than happy to spend some time looking into it and seeing what we can do to put things right.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Ccooper2

OK Adam, still not right - how do I get to send you a personal message?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear that, just click on my username ' _Adam_Walker_' to see my profile then click personal message.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pierre_pierre
Grafter

or click the RH button under the Gholly pic
Ccooper2

This is tedious.  The verification link isn't working.  It looks as though I need to download a picture or open a link, but I have tried both and both have been unsuccessful.