cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat contract ends - transferring broadband to new tenants?

dannycheddar

Flat contract ends - transferring broadband to new tenants?

Hi,
My contract on my flat ends May 31st and new tenants will be arriving in June, although we paid until the end of August. Given that I want to make sure that the new tenants aren't able to 'use' the broadband I wish to be able to pay the remaining amount and cancel it outright. Is this possible?
But I had another thought - I might ask the landlord if the new tenants wish to carry out on our contract until August (and likely continue on after that as the service we receive is excellent). Would this too be possible - to transfer our account to them? It would seem to work two ways - they'd either pay us for those extra months or they carry it on immediately (saving us money) - and in return it would give them broadband straight away when they arrive?
Hope this makes sense!
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Flat contract ends - transferring broadband to new tenants?

Will you be requiring broadband in your new home? If so why not request a house move so your broadband moves wit you?
House move guidance
David
dannycheddar

Hi sprayxt - I'm moving back with my parents who already have broadband.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

In that case Plusnet staff need to advise. A call to the Customer Options/Cancellations Team on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 (09:00 - 17:30 weekdays (except Bank Holidays)) will probably be necessary.
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'd definitely say the best thing to do is call up, as spraxyt says - our support agents will be able to arrange something with you. Not sure how it goes with changing names on accounts but it's always worth asking, as ever though it's a more complicated business where phone is involved as well.