cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed price broadband and line rental - this won't change during your contract

lcharness

Fixed price broadband and line rental - this won't change during your contract

Hi, it's time for me to renew line rental saver which prompted me to look into my ongoing contract.  I notice that online it says "Fixed price broadband and line rental - this won't change during your contract" but my broadband charge was increased mid-contract on 5th June 2018.  Is the advertising misleading or should I not have had the price increase applied to my account?  I would like some clarification and reassurance before tying in for another year.  I would appreciate a response from Plusnet (it is frustrating there is no email address to contact, we have to post queries on a forum....)  Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Fixed price broadband and line rental - this won't change during your contract

I think the fixed-price contracts were introduced for new customers and, I think, recontracting customers after the price increase earlier this year.

If you speak to the Customer Options Team (pressing the key for "I'm thinking of leaving") they'll be able to let you know what's available, and whether there is a no-price-increase guarantee.  As always, it's best to check what other ISPs are offering before contacting Customer Options since they are often able to price match, and you don't need to take the first offer they come up with.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Fixed price broadband and line rental - this won't change during your contract

Hello @Icharness, thanks for getting in touch.

So we introduced the fixed term price contracts post August this year in regards to all the mid-contract price rise feedback we were having - however these don't go live until you agree a new contract.

In relation to mid-contract price rises the last one to hit us was in June of this year and you would have been give a notification about a month before if you wished to leave free of charge or agree a new deal.

As @Jonpe has suggested it may be worth calling the Customer Options team on 0800 013 2632. Before you do I would suggest looking at other providers for a guide to prices, as well as affiliates like MSE, comparethemarket.com as our advisors can look to either match these or get close to them.

lcharness

Thanks I have done as you suggested but was told my account has a technical issue due to the recent billing migration and that I should call back in two weeks time (no good for me because my 14 day cooling off period will have expired)...... does that sound right to you?

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @lcharness

Thanks for getting back in touch and I am sorry if the information you were provided seemed peculiar.

I have checked over your account and the area of your account that was causing issues is now working so our Customer Options Team will be able to assist you further.

Apologies for the delays this may have caused you and if you need any further help from us, just let us know.