cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Price contract increased prices

DJSmurf2012
Hooked

Fixed Price contract increased prices

Hi there, my contract runs from Feb 2020 - Aug 2021 and is a "fixed price" contract. It started at £19.99 but for the past 3-4 months it has been charged at £26.99.

Surely this is against the whole "fixed price" contract that i have?!

14 REPLIES 14
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Fixed Price contract increased prices

@DJSmurf2012 welcome to the forums. Which element of your charges has increased (check the breakdown)?

John
DJSmurf2012
Hooked

From what i can see, i have been given the unlimited fibre extra and a promotional discount applied. Previously i was just paying line rental which was part of the offer on the contract so these 2 items have now been applied. £20.99 for the unlimited fibre extra but only a £13.99 discount.

jab1
Legend

I'm still a bit confused. Is it possible to share a screenshot of a 'before' and 'after' breakdown - this shouldn't identify your account.

John
DJSmurf2012
Hooked

Sure, heres the before and after

beforebeforeafterafter

jab1
Legend

Thanks. I'll try and make sense of that, but it appears those two shots are not the last one at 19.99 and the one immediately following - that would give me a better chance of understanding.

I'll have another look after lunch.

John
DJSmurf2012
Hooked

No they are from different months. Obviously with lockdown etc i had to rearrange my payment date so the overall balance shown is just accrued from the previous month. But like i said it has changed from £19.99 fixed price to £26.99 for around 5 months now.

jab1
Legend

OK

John
jab1
Legend

@DJSmurf2012 OK, think I've got it now. It appears that for some reason you were not being charged anything for your broadband - until whatever month the bill increased to £26.99. Now, I don't know what your agreement was at the start of the contract, but I'd be extremely surprised if PN would give you 80/20 FTTC for 18 months for nothing.

John
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

I can't say too much for definite, as I don't know what you agreed with Plusnet at the start of your contract.  It may be worth digging out you welcome or product change email which would detail these.

With your screenshots though, the later one looks more correct than the earlier one.  The first one looks to only contain your line rental, whereas the second one contains both line rental and fibre extra at full price, plus a discount to take it down to the price that looks to be around the going price for fibre extra with line rental included.

On the 8th February 2020 the price for this on the Plusnet website is £27.99 (https://web.archive.org/web/20200209054706/https://www.plus.net/), so only £1 different than what you're seeing now.  At a guess the difference is that you signed up a little earlier and it was a different offer, you got a different offer from an affiliate site, or you negotiated something with Plusnet.  I'd have expected that how ever you got to that contract it wouldn't be too different than the headline price.

I've no idea why the broadband and discount wouldn't be on the July invoice though.

As I say though, check what price you agreed to originally, as it's more likely to be what you're currently paying than what the July one shows.

Edit: @jab1 beat me to it.  I'd have thought though, that even if he was getting the broadband element for free for a period of time, then it would still be on the invoice with a discount applied for the full amount, rather than just not being on there at all.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

@pjmarsh wrote:

Edit: @jab1 beat me to it.  I'd have thought though, that even if he was getting the broadband element for free for a period of time, then it would still be on the invoice with a discount applied for the full amount, rather than just not being on there at all.

My thoughts exactly - which is why I'm hoping the OP can still find his agreement email and share that info. Methinks the famous PN accounting software - or the human that input the data - got their fingers mixed up with their thumbs.

John
DJSmurf2012
Hooked

Yeah I've just gone through the original email and it does say it was priced at £26.99 per month. So I'm guessing there was a mistake somewhere along the line. I have an email there stating that they will change it (which they did obviously) but it was a fault on their behalf.
jab1
Legend

So you accept that your latest invoice is correct then? I thought it would be.

John
DJSmurf2012
Hooked

Yeah of course, it is what it is. Thanks for your help though buddy 👍
jab1
Legend

OK - just means I can delete the topic from my 'watch list' and keep it tidy.Smiley

John