cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First payments

scotslass86
Grafter

First payments

Hey just wondering if anyone can hep me make sense of when my first payments will be due just having to pay my current provider as well this month and dont want to get in a mess with bank.
I signed up on the 12th online for value and line rental with anytime calls, was told an initial payment of £11.48 will come out inclusive of £4.99 for p&p and £6.49 for broadband. It says in the order tracker that initial payment has been taken - its not. We are now on the activating the line stage but its says a couple of steps down just after activation first subscription payment will be taken which should be £21.98.
Am i right in thinking the big payment of £21.98 will come off randomly when i go live? when will the £11.48 be taken as it says it already has been? and why do i pay £6.49 initially and again when i go live as part of first subscription anyway surely i've then paid twice?
i might be reading it all wrong though
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: First payments

Hi there,
The order is underway and we haven't taken any fees yet - the first one will indeed be £11.48 which will cover your first month of broadband (so you won't have that taken again until a month after the activation date) and the £4.99 postage and packing charge for the router.
If you'd like I can take that payment now? If not it'll be taken when the broadband activates, but either way it'll be the £11.48 stated.
Hope that helps,
scotslass86
Grafter

thanks for the reply, ok so the £11.48 will be taken when broadband activates, so if another payment wont be taken until one month later when will the first full payment of £21.98 be taken? a month after activation? as this includes the phone which surely needs to be paid up front too?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Beg pardon, should have mentioned the phone. When that goes active a pro-rata payment is taken (basically the cost for the home phone service from the activation date to the next broadband billing date). That way when the next bill is due both payments are aligned properly.
scotslass86
Grafter

Ah i see, so i can expect initial payment taken around the 21st as thats when order should be completed according to the tracker, then a pro rata phone payment about a week or so later then next month both on one bill, sounds good cant wait to get going.