cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First month free?

Tsonga
Grafter

First month free?

I have just told a friend who is thinking of moving to PlusNet, that he would have the first month for free because he was migrating from Pipex. Did I dream this? I can't see any mention of it on the PlusNet website anymore. Embarrassed
7 REPLIES 7
prichardson
Grafter

Re: First month free?

This offer has closed unfortunately at the end of February.
http://www.plus.net/features/promotions/terms_freemonth.shtml
Tsonga
Grafter

Well, that's a pity! I thought it was a very good initiative from PlusNet, as it (presumably) encouraged people to join by removing the worry of having to pay for two ISPs in the first month. However, I assume PlusNet know what is best for them in business terms!  Smiley
prichardson
Grafter

There should never be a need to pay two ISPs in the first month, irrespective of the month free offer.
If timed correctly, a seamless flip-over for billing should be possible.
We have our 90 day money back guarantee, which is far superior to the one month offer anyhow.
James
Grafter

Unless you're moving from an ISP where you pay in arrears (like Metronet) to an ISP where you pay in advance (like PlusNet).
It's all about requesting your MAC Key on your billing date and then moving over to the new ISP at the same time as you would normally have to pay the old ISP.
Tsonga
Grafter

Yes, of course, I agree that the 90 day money back guarantee is an excellent offer and it was certainly crucial for me when I migrated from Pipex. The one-month contract was also what decided me. I have told him about these things and I don't think that he is likely to change his mind even when he finds out that the first month is not free anymore.
My point was that not having to pay for the first month removed the hassle of having to time your migration right, and then spending hours on the phone at 10p/minute trying to claim back the money that you are owed by your old ISP.
When people leave Pipex - judging from what I read on the thinkbroadband forum - they want to get away as soon as possible because their connection is virtually dead. They don't want to have to wait three weeks because that will be the ideal time to migrate in terms of money.
I know that I decided I would rather pay two ISPs for one month than stay with Pipex one minute longer. I was very very chuffed when my first month with PlusNet was waived! It's the kind of thing that makes customers more loyal, as well as the excellent and friendly support team.
Anyway, I can see how this offer might be too expensive for PlusNet to keep going, and it may be the case that it is not needed anyway, as you seem to be thriving!  Smiley
So well done! I am staying and I am recommending you!
James
Grafter

At £45 a pop and buckets full of awards to back it up with, I'd be recommending us too! Smiley
Tsonga
Grafter

Well, in this case I think it will be £30, but even for £100 I wouldn't recommend an ISP to a friend if I thought it was rubbish, awards or not. I have my integrity, me!  Cheesy