Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First direct debit payment "pending"

asdfghjkl
Grafter

First direct debit payment "pending"

Hi,
I was switched over to Plusnet last month, paid the setup fee by credit card and chose to make my monthly payments by DD.  The first DD payment was due to go out on the 12th October.  I checked my bank and noticed no Plusnet debit, so checked the billing section here and notice it says "pending".  Is this anything to be concerned about?
There's no need to call me by the way.  I just want to make sure everything is in order.  If there's anything I need to do, let me know either in response to this post or by email.
Thank you very much. Smiley
11 REPLIES 11
asdfghjkl
Grafter

Re: First direct debit payment "pending"

Oh gosh, I'm sorry.  It was due to go out today, the 15th.  Not the 12th.  Hopefully it will show up tomorrow.
SharonBrown
Grafter

Good morning Den Guv  Smiley
It's not a problem at all, if you're still concerned send me a PM with your details on and I'll have a look for your account and make sure that everything is okay!
Best wishes
Sharon
JohnCT
Grafter

I wish that I had realised that I could have paid  the set up fee by credit card, then maybe it would not be taking oh so long to activated! Sad
SharonBrown
Grafter

Hi JohnCT, I am on the case Smiley  I have an open online support ticket on your account and I got the order placed fully yesterday.  Ordinarily we would have to wait for the initial fees to be taken by direct debit and go through the system which would be another fortnight so I've set it all moving manually and waived the fee. 
You'll transfer to us next week then I will place the phone order but please rest assured that I will be taking personal ownership until you've confirmed that both the phone and the broadband are working.  If you need to contact me directly, you can PM me but I am not always around on the forums.  There is generally a Plusnet presence on here during working hours so you can always get a message to me if you need to but the best way is via the online support ticket on your account.  That will fall directly into my personal workflow and I'll come back to you as soon as I am around.  Take care and I look forward to speaking to you soon. 
S Cool
JohnCT
Grafter

Thanks, Ican but hope!  Grin
SharonBrown
Grafter

Grin  I can't promise a smooth ride but I can promise that I'll be your point of contact until it's all sorted.
Cool
asdfghjkl
Grafter

Quote from: SAB

It's not a problem at all, if you're still concerned send me a PM with your details on and I'll have a look for your account and make sure that everything is okay!

Sent.  Let me know if you need any more info.  Thanks.
asdfghjkl
Grafter

I just thought I'd let you know that the first payment went out this morning so this can now be considered resolved.
Thank you very much for your help!  Smiley
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to hear it! Thanks for coming back and letting us know Smiley
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Den
I just thought I'd let you know that the first payment went out this morning so this can now be considered resolved.
Just a minor note of warning; the PlusNet DD system is fairly well known for it's strange timescales and (to put it politely) "limitations"  Cry .
I would check not only that the payment has left your bank, but also that it's (eventually?) showing on your PN account.  Wink
That said, once it's "up and running" it seems to work OK.  Cool
asdfghjkl
Grafter

Ah OK.  It seems you are right.  It's been taken from the bank but according to Plusnet the payment is "pending".  I'll leave it a few days before resurrecting the thread again.  Hopefully it will sort itself out.