Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First and last, maybe?

FIXED
ejon66
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

First and last, maybe?

Contract due to end very soon. Lots of providers seem to want my business  except for my current provider, Plusnet.

On line chat tell me I have to ring . I ring and am told my wait is 45 minutes, so give up.

It would be much easier to fill in the on line form and transfer to another provider. Especially with the deals about..

Been very pleased with Plusnet up until now but I am not chasing them to give them my business .

10 REPLIES 10
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: First and last, maybe?

Contrary to the rest of the queues, our Customer Options team have been fairly free and responsive recently. There's a 25 second wait at the time of writing this. Try us on the direct number: 08000132632 

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
ejon66
Dabbler

I tried most numbers this morning
they will have to call me now. They will need something good as well
I didn't realise just what offers are available elsewhere.
Thanks for your reply.
Apprentice
Grafter

I phoned the Customer Options Team a couple of times on Monday morning waited around 4-5 minutes before my call was answered.

As for retention deals there is no price matching other ISPs any longer, my rural 20CN exchange is a long way off so can only get around up to 3Meg.

Ended up taking a 12 month contract paying £9.99 for plain old ADSL and using their LRS which is non refundable made me stay with PN.

ejon66
Dabbler

There are so many ISPs trying to tempt new customers and it is now so easy to switch that Plusnet would be a bit naive not to try and keep customers with some incentive. After being with TalkTalk for several years and thinking it too much trouble to switch and then finding it to be easy I will not be locked in to a bad deal again. I have been happy with Plusnet but not happy enough to pay over the odds
ejon66
Dabbler

Hi Matty could you just tell me if the Customer Options team are the same as the Customer Retention team. If not would you have their number?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Customer Options are Sales & Retentions agents.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Apprentice
Grafter

If I hadn't purchased LRS a month or so ago which as I said is non refundable I might have migrated to BT although their LR is dearer than PN as unlimited BB was available for £5.00 a month on a 12 month contract plus if I used a cashback site there was around £85 cashback for plain old ADSL.

ejon66
Dabbler

Fix

Problem solved. Got put through to the options people this morning, without much wait, and was offered the new contract which is good for me and must be good for Plusnet as they offered it without any pushing from me.

So used to having confrontations with TalkTalk in the past that ,I am sorry to say ,I prepare for the aggravation before I am given reason to, as perhaps is obvious from my posts.

Any way , all is happy again but I will now have to find out how to change my community name from 'Fedup' to something more appropriate.

Thanks for all your replies..

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Glad it got sorted in the end for you.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

@fedup65 wrote:

Any way , all is happy again but I will now have to find out how to change my community name from 'Fedup' to something more appropriate.

Hi @ejon66, glad to hear that things have got sorted out for you. I can accomodate you on changing your username if you would like to update it here. Just drop me a PM with your preferred username, I will PM you back to confirm when I have done that. It might trigger a password reset email as a matter of security, just update your password to the same one (or different) when you receive the email.

Cheers

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.